|Headquarters||Menlo Park, California, United States|
|Total assets||$3.5 billion+|
Number of employees
Redpoint Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on investments in early stage technology companies. The firm's partners include Allen Beasley, Jeff Brody, Satish Dharmaraj, Tom Dyal, Tim Haley, Brad Jones, Nety Krishna, Chris Moore, Lars Pedersen, Scott Raney, John Walecka, Geoff Yang, Marjorie Yang, David Yuan and Vivian Yuan. The founders of Redpoint Ventures have been involved with successful investments including Foundry, Juniper Networks, 9flats, Netflix and Right Media.
The firm was founded in 1999 and is headquartered in Menlo Park, with offices in Los Angeles and Shanghai. The firm manages $2.4 billion of capital and invests across early and early-growth stages. Its partners have been involved in 43 IPOs and 69 acquisitions including: Foundry Networks, LifeSize, MySpace, TiVo, Right Media and Zimbra. Most recently HomeAway, Qihoo, Responsys, Fortinet and Calix had IPOs. In 1999, Redpoint raised a $600 million venture fund, at the time the largest first-time fund for a new firm. In 2000 and 2006 Redpoint raised two additional funds, Redpoint II and Redpoint III totaling $1,150 million. In 2007, Redpoint raised a $250 million fund to focus on investing in early growth technology companies such as Answers.com, Internet Brands, NextG Networks, and Tantalus. In February 2010 Redpoint raised $400 million for its fourth fund Redpoint IV, which will focus on early stage companies involved in Internet and social media, mobile computing, cloud computing and clean technology. Redpoint is currently investing out of a $400 million fifth fund, Redpoint V, raised in January 2013, which will focus on early-stage investments in several evolving areas including new platforms, next generation media, big data infrastructure and applications, and enterprise, cloud, and mobile.
Redpoint's current portfolio includes firms such as 2U, 9flats, Beepi, Blue Kai, Envia, Erply, Gaia Online, Gravity, HomeAway, Jumptap, Mig33, MobiTV, Posterous, Scribd, Tidemark and Topspin Media.
- Matt Hickey (October 17, 2006). "Yahoo! Leads Investment in Ad Auction Company Right Media". TechCrunch. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- "REDPOINT VENTURES CLOSES $600 MILLION FUND: New Firm Raises Largest First Fund Ever". November 8, 1999. Roeder-Johnson Corporation. Retrieved May 1, 2012.
- Redpoint raises $400 mln Web services, green fund
- (http://www.redpoint.com/redpoint-v Announcing Redpoint V)
- "Online Higher Education Gets a Raise as 2tor Secures $26 M. in Series D Funding Round". Betabeat. 2012.
- "9flats, the European Airbnb, secures 'major investment' from Silicon Valley's Redpoint". Techcrunch. 2011-05-17.
- "Beepi Raises $5 Million From Redpoint To Simplify Buying Or Selling A Used Car". TechCrunch. 2014.
- "Analytics Company Datameer Raises $6 Million From Redpoint Ventures and Kleiner Perkins".
- Alsop Louie. "Goko Launches HTML5 Gaming Platform With $8M From Redpoint".
- techcrunch Redpoint invests to bring Open English to Brazil
- Redpoint Ventures (company website)
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|