|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2013)|
|Studio album by Pain of Salvation|
|Released||January 15, 2002|
|Recorded||Roasting House Recording Studio; Malmö, Sweden, fall 2001|
|Producer||Daniel Gildenlöw and Anders "Theo" Theander|
|Pain of Salvation chronology|
Remedy Lane is the fourth album by Swedish progressive metal band Pain of Salvation, released in Spring 2002. It is a concept album focusing on a character's search for self-discovery. It was described by Allmusic as Pain of Salvation's breakthrough album.
While both Remedy Lane and Pain of Salvation's second album, One Hour by the Concrete Lake, feature a protagonist searching for self-discovery, Remedy Lane addresses a wider variety of themes, including love, loss, lust, sex and self-understanding. The album, written by guitarist and vocalist Daniel Gildenlöw, is semi-autobiographical in nature. The liner notes include poems and photos related to the concept as well as date markings to signify the chronological order of the album. Gildenlöw has said that the inspiration for Remedy Lane was an era of his life in which he wished to understand the nature of freedom.
- Of Two Beginnings – 2:24
- Ending Theme – 4:59
- Fandango – 5:51
- A Trace of Blood – 8:17
- This Heart of Mine (I Pledge) – 4:01
- Undertow – 4:47
- Rope Ends – 7:02
- Chain Sling – 3:58
- Dryad of the Woods – 4:56
- Remedy Lane – 2:15
- Waking Every God – 5:19
- Second Love – 4:21
- Beyond the Pale – 9:56
All music by Daniel Gildenlöw, except instrumental part of "Rope Ends" by Daniel Gildenlöw and Fredrik Hermansson.
The Japanese edition of this album also contains a bonus track titled "Thorn Clown" that is sequenced between "This Heart of Mine (I Pledge)" and "Undertow". However, the Official Pain of Salvation Website shows the song as inserted between "Dryad of the Woods" and "Remedy Lane".
- Daniel Gildenlöw - lead vocals, guitar, concept and lyrics
- Fredrik Hermansson - keyboards
- Johan Hallgren - guitar, backing vocals
- Johan Langell - drums, backing vocals
- Kristoffer Gildenlöw - bass, backing vocals
- Pain of Salvation - producer
- Anders "Theo" Theander - producer, engineering
- Pontus Lindmark - engineering
- Jörgen Tannander - editing
- Johanna Iggsten - photography
- Daniel Gildenlöw - producer, artwork, photos
- Taylor, Robert (2011 [last update]). "Remedy Lane - Pain of Salvation | AllMusic". allmusic.com. Retrieved 22 August 2011.