Ribfests typically attract large crowds
|Dates||April - September|
A ribfest (short for rib festival), sometimes called a rib cook-off is a type of food festival that occurs throughout the United States and Canada. The size of each ribfest is often measured by the number of traveling professional "rib teams" which sell food and compete at the events.
A rib festival generally has multiple food vendors selling barbecue beef or pork ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken, coleslaw, baked beans, and other related food choices. The vendors usually compete against one another for top spot in several categories including: Best Ribs, Best Sauce, Best Pulled Pork, and the Peoples Choice Award.
- Canada's Largest Ribfest - Burlington, Ontario
- Best in the West Nugget Rib Cook-off - Sparks, Nevada
- London Ribfest - London, Ontario
- Benedetto, Richard Chautauqua Rib-Fest Kicks Off In Celoron Today. June 9th, 2010.
- Traveling Rib Team | Famous Dave's
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ribfests.|