Robert F. Colesberry
|Robert F. Colesberry, Jr.|
7 March 1946|
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Died||9 February 2004
New York, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Film and television producer and actor.|
|Spouse(s)||Karen L. Thorson|
Robert F. Colesberry, Jr. (March 7, 1946 – February 9, 2004), known as "Bob Colesberry", was an American film and television producer and first assistant director notable for his work as a producer on the Oscar-nominated movie Mississippi Burning (1988), the Emmy Award winning miniseries The Corner (2000), and the Peabody Award winning television series The Wire (2002–2008) for HBO.
Colesberry attended Southern Connecticut State University before transferring to the Tisch School of the Arts at New York University. At NYU he pursued a degree in drama. Since his death a scholarship has been set up in his name for filmmakers attending the institution.
Colesberry was married to Karen L. Thorson in 1992; she was also later a filmmaker and producer on The Wire.
|This section requires expansion. (February 2013)|
Colesberry had a recurring cameo on The Wire as detective Ray Cole. In episode three ("Dead Soldiers", 2004) of the third season, Detective Cole was said to have died suddenly while exercising at a gym. Other characters held an emotional wake for Detective Cole.
Colesberry died at the age of 57 from complications following cardiac surgery in 2004. His death occurred soon after his directing debut on The Wire episode "Port in a Storm" (2003), which was the second season finale. "Final Grades" (2006), the final episode of the fourth season, and -30- (2008), the final episode of the fifth season (also the Series Finale), were dedicated to him.
- The Wire (2002) (producer/director/actor) (TV series) (seasons 1-3)
- K-PAX (2001) (producer)
- 61* (2001) (TV film) (producer)
- Peroxide Passion (2000) (executive producer)
- The Corner (2000) (TV miniseries) (executive producer/actor)
- Ride with the Devil (1999) (producer)
- Long Time Since (1997) (executive producer)
- The Devil's Own (1997) (producer)
- The Scarlet Letter (1995) (co-producer)
- The Road to Wellville (1994) (producer)
- Being Human (1993) (producer)
- Billy Bathgate (1991) (producer/actor)
- Come See the Paradise (1990) (producer/actor)
- Mississippi Burning (1988) (producer)
- The House on Carroll Street (1988) (producer)
- Housekeeping (1987) (producer)
- Death of a Salesman (1985) (TV film) (producer)...later Tod eines Handlungsreisenden (1986) (TV) (West Germany)
- After Hours (1985) (producer)
- Falling in Love (1984) (associate producer)
- The Natural (1984) (associate producer)
- Reckless (1984) (associate producer/actor)
- Baby, It's You (1983) (associate producer)
- The King of Comedy (1983) (associate producer)
- Summer of My German Soldier (1978) (TV film) (associate producer)
- Little Girl... Big Tease (1977) (associate producer)
- Short Eyes (1977) (assistant director)
- http://www.hbo.com/thewire/cast/crew/robert_f_colesberry.shtml HBO: The Wire: Cast and Crew: Crew Bio: Robert F. Colesberry - Executive Producer. Retrieved on May 21-2009.
- Robert F. Colesberry at the Internet Movie Database
- Robert F. Colesberry crew page at HBO's The Wire site
- Remembering Bob Colesberry at HBO's The Wire site