He was Abdurahman Khadr's first lawyer. Shortly after Khadr's first press conference Galati resigned from all his terrorism-related cases , after publishing a threat left on his answering machine which stated: "Well, Mr. Galati. What's this I hear about you working with the terrorist now, helping to get that (expletive) punk terrorist Khadr off. You a dead wop." Galati requested 24-hour surveillance of his house; when the RCMP refused to provide this, he declared that "we now live in Colombia because the rule of law is meaningless" and later indicated he believed the call came from American intelligence. Mr Galati went on to claim: '"The voice is similar and likely the same as a voice of someone who threatened one of our former clients," he said, adding later that "in that case, our client disappeared."'
In 2006, he represented Ahmad Mustafa Ghany, a suspect in the 2006 Toronto terrorism case. On June 12 he alleged that the treatment of the prisoners and the handling of the case made it impossible for the accused to obtain a fair trial. 
Galati has challenged the appointment of Justice Marc Nadon to the Supreme Court of Canada, and the case, docket #35586, will be heard in January 2014. Galati maintains, inter alia, that government advisor Ian Binnie, a retired Puisne Justice, reviewed Sections 5 and 6 of the Supreme Court Act but neglected Section 30, which deals with ensuring the court has quorum of at least five judges.
- USA V. Vreeland Three
- Terror suspect lawyer quits cases over threat, Toronto Star, December 5, 2003
- "Two Canadians and a Canadian Economic Think Tank Confront the Global Financial Powers in the Canadian Federal Court". COMER. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- NP 10 Nov 2013 "Harper’s sixth Supreme Court nomination leads to rare legal mess at top bench"
- SCC docket #35586: "In the Matter of Section 53 of the Supreme Court Act, R.S.C. 1985, c. S-26;, et al."
- Saksatoon Star-Phoenix, 31 Oct 2013, "Contested judge already has office at Supreme Court, despite nomination challenge"
- "Constitutional lawyer Galati takes on legal Goliath over Supreme Court choice" Vancouver Province, 10 Nov 2013
- ^ Terror suspect lawyer quits cases over threat, Toronto Star, December 5, 2003
- ^ No chance for fair trial, says lawyer for bomb plot suspect, CBC News, June 12, 2006