|Origin||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Genres||Indie pop, dance-rock|
|Past members||Andrew Poe
Royal Teeth is an American indie pop band from New Orleans formed in 2010. The group consists of singer and guitarist Gary Larsen, singer Nora Patterson, guitarist Thomas Onebane, bassist Joshua Wells, and drummer Josh Hefner. They released their debut EP Act Naturally in 2011.
Gary Larsen became acquainted online with Wells, Hefner, and keyboardist Andrew Poe, all of whom were at the time members of a band based in Lafayette, Louisiana. After the dissolution of this band in 2010, Larsen moved to Lafayette to work with Wells on a new project. The duo were eventually joined by Poe, Hefner, and guitarist Steve Billeaud. The band was completed by the addition of Baton Rouge native Patterson.
Act Naturally (2010–2012)
The band's initial music was mostly folk-driven, but shifted to a more electronic-based sound in working with Toronto-based producer Gavin Brown. Upon their signing with Dangerbird Records, Royal Teeth recorded their 5-track debut extended play Act Naturally in Charleston, South Carolina and released it on May 8, 2012. The EP features the song "Wild" along with a cover of The Knife's single "Heartbeats".
In February 2013, Royal Teeth returned to Gavin Brown's Toronto studio to begin recording their debut studio album. On March 25, 2013, the band appeared on Last Call with Carson Daly performing "Wild". After a quick and focused recording period lasting only a few weeks, Royal Teeth released their first studio album, Glow, on August 13, 2013 via Dangerbird Records.
After Glow's release, the band parted ways with Poe and Billeaud, and added guitarist Thomas Onebane.
- Gary Larsen – vocals, guitar, percussion
- Nora Patterson – vocals
- Joshua Wells – bass guitar
- Josh Hefner – drums
- Thomas Onebane – guitar
- Andrew Poe – keyboard
- Steve Billeaud – guitar
- Glow (2013)
- Act Naturally (2011)
- "Royal Teeth: Act Naturally". Dangerbird Records. Dangerbird Records LLC. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Spera, Keith. "New Orleans/Lafayette indie-pop band Royal Teeth hopes to 'Glow' nationwide with new CD". NOLA.com. NOLA Media Group. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Royal Teeth Bio". MTV Artists. MTV. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Royal Teeth". Last.fm. Last.fm Ltd. Retrieved 23 Aug. 2014.
- "Who The Hell Is: Royal Teeth?". Popblerd. Popblerd & Friends. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Walker, Dave. "Royal Teeth gets 'American Idol' spotlight from Harry Connick Jr.". NOLA.com. NOLA Media Group. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- Langenhennig, Susan. "Royal Teeth ratchets up the energy at the New Orleans Jazz. Fest". NOLA.com. NOLA Media Group. Retrieved 23 August 2014.
- "Galaxy S 5 -- The Next Big Thing Is Here". YouTube. YouTube. Retrieved 23 August 2014.