|Full name||Sportverein Heidingsfeld 1919 e.V.|
|League||Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1 (VII)|
|2012–13||Kreisliga Würzburg 1 (VIII), 1st ↑|
The club's greatest successes were its four seasons spent in the Fußball-Bayernliga between 1985 and 1995, with a seventh place in 1986–87 as its best result and qualifying twice for the first round of the German Cup, in 1983 and 1987.
The club was formed on 17 February 1919. After the Second World War, the club briefly lost its independence, becoming part of the TSV Würzburg-Heidingsfeld in 1946, but it left this club again in 1949 to go its one way.
SVH won promotion to the tier four Landesliga Bayern-Nord (IV) in 1978 and, after struggling for the first two seasons, was able to establish itself in the league. Heidingsfeld made its first appearance on the national football scene in 1983, when it qualified for the first round of the German Cup, where it defeated fellow amateurs SV Göppingen 5–1. In the second round, at home against Hannover 96, the club was knocked out through a 1–3 defeat.
After two second place finishes in the Landesliga in 1983 and 1984, with defeats in the promotion round, the club won a league championship in 1985 and earned promotion to the Bayernliga on its third attempt.
In the Bayernliga (III) for the first time, Heidingsfeld came 15th in its inaugural season. The club was much improved in the following year, coming seventh but once more came 15th in 1988 and was relegated back to the Landesliga. In the same season, the club made its second German Cup appearance, but lost 1–2 to Bayer 05 Uerdingen after leading 1–0 up to the 62nd minute. Back in the Landesliga for the next six seasons, the club remained a top side, finishing second on two more occasions, earning another promotion in 1994.
SV Heidingsfeld's fourth and to date final Bayernliga (IV) season was no success, the club came 17th and was relegated from the league again. On return to the Landesliga, the club was handed through to the Bezirksoberliga Unterfranken (VI) after coming 16th in 1996. It was not able to recover from this drop and was unable to return to the Landesliga.
Back in Lower Franconian football, SVH came fifth in its first two years in the Bezirksoberliga. After this, results declined and a 13th place in 2000–01 meant the club dropped another level, now to the Bezirksliga (VII).
The club was grouped in the Bezirksliga Unterfranken-Mitte, finishing in mid field in the next four seasons there. In 2005, the three Bezirksligas in Lower Franconia were reduced to two and renamed and SVH was placed in the Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1, where the club initially played as an upper table side, finishing in third place on two occasions. However, in 2008–09 a 14th place finish meant another relegation for the club. After a number of years in the Kreisliga Würzburg 1 as an upper table side the club won the league in 2013 and earned promotion back to the Bezirksliga.
The club's honours:
- Landesliga Bayern-Nord
- Champions: 1985
- Runners-up: 1983, 1984, 1992, 1994
- Kreisliga Würzburg 1
- Champions: 2013
|Frank Wettengel||1 July 2009||Present|
|2000–01||Bezirksoberliga Unterfranken||13th ↓|
|2005–06||Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1||8th|
|2006–07||Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1||3rd|
|2007–08||Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1||3rd|
|2008–09||Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1||VIII||14th ↓|
|2009–10||Kreisliga Würzburg 1||IX||4th|
|2010–11||Kreisliga Würzburg 1||3rd|
|2011–12||Kreisliga Würzburg 1||3rd|
|2012–13||Kreisliga Würzburg 1||VIII||1st ↑|
|2013–14||Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1||VII|
- With the introduction of the Bezirksoberligas in 1988 as the new fifth tier, below the Landesligas, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the introduction of the Regionalligas in 1994 and the 3. Liga in 2008 as the new third tier, below the 2. Bundesliga, all leagues below dropped one tier. With the establishment of the Regionalliga Bayern as the new fourth tier in Bavaria in 2012 the Bayernliga was split into a northern and a southern division, the number of Landesligas expanded from three to five and the Bezirksoberligas abolished. All leagues from the Bezirksligas onwards were elevated one tier.
DFB Cup appearances
The club has qualified for the first round of the German Cup twice:
|1983–84||First round||26 August 1983||SV Heidingsfeld||SV Göppingen||5–1|
|Second round||8 October 1983||SV Heidingsfeld||Hannover 96||1–3||4,500|
|1987–88||First round||29 August 1987||SV Heidingsfeld||Bayer 05 Uerdingen||1–2||6,000|
- SVH Würzburg (German) Weltfussball.de, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Vereinsgeschichte (German) SV Heidingsfeld website, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv: Landesliga Bayern-Nord (German) historical German domestic league tables, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv: Bayernliga (German) historical German domestic league tables, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Tables and results of the BOL Unterfranken (German) Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Tables and results of the Bezirksliga Unterfranken-Mitte (German) Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Tables and results of the Bezirksliga Unterfranken Gruppe 1 (German) Manfreds Fussball Archiv, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv (German) Historical German domestic league tables
- Fussball.de - Ergebnisse (German) Tables and results of all German football leagues
- Die Spiele der 1. Runde des DFB-Pokals 1983/1984 (German) Fussballdaten.de, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Spielstatistik SV Heidingsfeld - Hannover 96 (German) Fussballdaten.de, accessed: 11 November 2011
- Spielstatistik SV Heidingsfeld - Bayer Uerdingen (German) Fussballdaten.de, accessed: 11 November 2011
- (German) Official club website
- (German) SV Heidingsfeld at Weltfussball.de
- (German) Das deutsche Fußball-Archiv historical German domestic league tables
- (German) Manfreds Fussball Archiv Tables and results from the Bavarian amateur leagues