|Full name||Saër Sène|
|Date of birth||4 November 1986|
|Place of birth||Paris, France|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|New England Revolution|
|2007–2009||SG Sonnenhof Großaspach||52||(26)|
|2009–2012||Bayern Munich II||55||(19)|
|2012–||New England Revolution||49||(16)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of October 13, 2013.
† Appearances (Goals).
Sène began his career in the youth system of Paris Saint-Germain, before being released in 2005. He dropped into lower division football, signing for FC Étampes, before moving on to Germany in 2007, joining SG Schorndorf for a brief spell. He then spent two seasons with SG Sonnenhof Großaspach, the last of which was successful, with the club winning a league and cup double. His league debut came on 31 August 2007 in a 1–0 victory at home against SSV Ulm 1846. He scored his first goal in the 89th minute in a 2–4 defeat at TSV Crailsheim. He concluded his first season with 21 appearances and four goals, in the following season, Sène notched 31 assists and 22 goals, including three hat-tricks.
He represented the first-team in a few pre-season friendlies, scoring against Milan in the Audi Cup. He has been a regular for Bayern II in the 3. Liga, and was named in the first-team's squad for the 2009–10 Champions League. He missed most of the 2010–11 season through injury, but returned for the following season, scoring eight goals in the first-half of the season, only to leave Bayern on a free transfer in January 2012.
A month later, he signed for New England Revolution of MLS. On 17 March 2012, Sène made his MLS debut where he made his start before coming off on in the 56th minutes for Diego Fagundez in a 3–0 loss against Sporting Kansas City as the club second match of the season. The next game on 24 March 2012, Sène scored his first goal for the club which was the only goal in the game in a 1–0 win over Portland Timbers  On 19 May 2012, Sène scored his first brace in his MLS career in a 2–2 draw against Houston Dynamo. On 29 August 2012, Sène tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee in a 3–3 draw against Chivas USA. Prior to his injury he had scored two goals. He was ruled out for the remainder of the season having scored 11 goals and gotten 3 assists, the most for a Revolution player since Taylor Twellman in 2007.
- "Sene, Saer" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 1 May 2011.
- "FC Bayern München". UEFA. Retrieved 7 September 2009.[dead link]
- "Revs acquire French forward Saër Sène". revolutionsoccer.net. 14 February 2012.
- "Match: Kansas City v New England". ESPN Soccernet. 17 March 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Match:New England v Portland Timbers". ESPN Soccernet. 24 March 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Match:New England v Houston". ESPN Soccernet. 19 May 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "MLS: Five things we learned in week 11". The Guardian. 21 May 2012. Retrieved 31 May 2012.
- "Saer Sene, New England Revolution’s leading scorer, to miss remainder of 2012 season". The Sporting News. 2 September 2012. Retrieved 26 February 2013.
- "Revolution vs. Chivas USA - August 29". revolutionsoccer.net. 29 August 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.