|Born||4 September 1977|
Kincoppal - Rosebay School, SydneyCharles Sturt University, Bathurst
|Occupation||Journalist & News Presenter|
|Notable credit(s)||Seven 4.30 News presenter
Weekend Sunrise co-host (2007-2013)
Sunrise co-host (2013–present)
Samantha Armytage (born 4 September 1977) is an Australian journalist and television news presenter.
Armytage is currently co-host of Sunrise alongside David Koch and she has previously co-hosted Weekend Sunrise and presented Seven 4.30 News. In June 2013, Armytage was announced as the replacement for Sunrise co-host Melissa Doyle.
Life and career
Armytage grew up on Bolaro Station in the Snowy Mountains of New South Wales. She went to Kincoppal-Rose Bay school in Sydney and then Charles Sturt University in Bathurst, New South Wales.
She began her media career at WIN Television in Canberra in 1999, as a news reporter and presenter in Canberra. Following this she joined Sky News Australia in 2002 where she was chief political reporter. In April 2003, Samantha joined the Seven Network after being noticed by the network executives while covering the 2003 Canberra Bushfires.
In December 2004, she landed her first major presenting role, filling-in as presenter on Seven News Sydney over the Summer non-ratings period. Following the non-ratings period she had stints presenting the national Seven Morning News bulletin, the national late news updates, and filling in as presenter of Seven News Sydney.
In 2005 and 2006, Armytage was the regular fill-in presenter for Chris Bath as the Friday & Weekend presenter on Seven News Sydney. When Ian Ross went on holidays in late June to early July 2006, she presented the weekend edition of Seven News. This was also the case over summer 2006. In October 2006, Armytage replaced Mike Amor as presenter of Seven 4.30 News. She had replaced Rebecca Maddern as presenter when the network moved production from Melbourne to Sydney.
Armytage is a descendent of the Armytage pioneering/pastoral family who came from Victoria. The family lived in Como House in South Yarra, Melbourne, for ninety-five years. They sold the house to the National Trust in 1969.
Armytage has a younger sister, Georgina, and a younger brother, Charles. Her interests include golf, tennis, snow skiing and horse racing.
It was reported in June 2011 that Armytage had broken up with her live-in builder boyfriend Sean.
In December 2011, Armytage began dating hotelier Peter DeAngelis. In October 2012, during an interview about her recent weight loss, it was confirmed they had split up.
- Queensland viewers warm to new Sunrise team of David Koch and Samantha Armytage by Geoff Shearer (The Courier-Mail, 11 July 2013)
- Samantha Armytage - Weekend Sunrise co-host (Seven Network, retrieved 25 July 2013)
- "Dancing a step too far for newly-single Samantha Armytage". The Daily Telegraph (Sydney). 7 June 2011.
- Funny side of life for popular TV host by Megan Doherty (Sydney Morning Herald, 7 July 2013)
- Russell Crowe and Samantha Armytage flirt their way through Channel 7 set by Briana Domjen (The Daily Telegraph, 27 June 2013)
- Lessons of television breakfast chemistry by Annette Sharp (News.com.au, 20 July 2013)
- Fitzy and Wippa’s ‘naked prank’ on Sunrise host Samantha Armytage slammed as ‘offensive’ by The Daily Telegraph (Couriermail.com.au, 19 May 2014)
- "7 News Presenter profile". Archived from the original on 2 December 2011.
- Weekend Sunrise profile
- Seven News website
- Sunrise website
- Samantha Armytage at the Internet Movie Database
Co-host with David Koch
August 2013 – present
Co-host with Andrew O'Keefe
June 24, 2007 – August 11, 2013
|Seven 4.30 News
Monday - Wednesday Presenter
October 2006 – December 2012