Lisa Wilkinson in Sydney, February 2013
19 December 1959 |
|Occupation||Television presenter, journalist|
|at Nine MSN|
Wilkinson was born in Wollongong and attended Campbelltown Performing Arts High School in the Sydney suburb of Campbelltown. She began her career at a young age working for the magazine Dolly. At age 21, she became the youngest ever editor of the magazine. After four years she was appointed editor of the magazine Cleo and went on to become International Editor-in-Chief.
Her television career began in the late 1990s when she was a regular panelist on Network Ten and Foxtel's Beauty and the Beast. During the 2000 Summer Olympics, she (along with Duncan Armstrong) co-hosted The Morning Shift on the Seven Network.
On 10 May 2007, it was confirmed that Wilkinson was to co-host Today on the Nine Network after Jessica Rowe left the network. Her last appearance on Weekend Sunrise was 6 May 2007, and she began appearing on Today on 28 May 2007.
Since 2008, Wilkinson has been the co-host of the Nine Network's Carols by Candlelight, replacing long time host Ray Martin when Martin semi-retired. Wilkinson's co-host from 2008 until 2012, was Karl Stefanovic and in 2013, she was joined by David Campbell.
- "A Day At A Time". Louise Turk, Illawarra Mercury, 7 June 2008. Retrieved 28 October 2013.
- "Today biography". Today.ninemsn.com.au. 15 October 2013. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- "Campbelltown City Council – Committee Minutes" (PDF). Campbelltown City Council. 7 December 2004. p. 11. Retrieved 11 November 2007.
...Lisa Wilkinson (a former student of Campbelltown High School who became the youngest ever editor of an Australian women's magazine).
- The Morning Shift, tv.com
- "'You'd be a fool to feel safe on TV'" by Jo Casamento, The Sydney Morning Herald, 21 July 2013
- "TV job gives new meaning to 'hot seat'" The Sydney Morning Herald, 13 May 2007
- McManus, Bridget (19 December 2013). "Today's Lisa Wilkinson: 'We need to start developing a women's club [in media]'". The Age. Fairfax Media. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- "End of an era as Ray quits Nine" by David Knox, TV Tonight, 20 October 2008. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Galleries: 1992 Weddings". Perth now.com. p. 4. Retrieved 3 March 2014.
- Richard Clune (25 July 2010). "Today show hosts a perfect match". Sunday Telegraph (Australia: daily telegraph.com). Retrieved 3 March 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Lisa Wilkinson.|
Co-host with Karl Stefanovic
28 May 2007 – present
New television program
April 2005 – 6 May 2007