San Diego Charger Girls
|San Diego Charger Girls|
|Team||San Diego Chargers|
The San Diego Charger Girls are the official cheerleading squad of the National Football League team San Diego Chargers. The Charger Girls perform a variety of dance routines during home games at Qualcomm Stadium. The squad was founded in 1990, and is managed by e2k Event and Entertainment, which also manages the Los Angeles Clippers, Sacramento Kings, and San Francisco 49ers Gold Rush dance teams. Members serve as ambassadors for the Chargers and the San Diego community. The squad also makes non-game appearances. The group releases an annual swimsuit calendar. The group also has a Junior Charger Girls squad, with each performer being required to raise $175 in sponsor funds, with the funds going straight to the Make-A-Wish Foundation and Chargers Community Foundation.
- Charisma Carpenter, (1991), actress, played Cordelia Chase on Buffy the Vampire Slayer and had the same role in the long lived spin-off Angel
- Alexa Flutie, daughter of Doug Flutie and former New England Patriots Cheerleader
- "San Diego Chargers Cheerleaders - Charger Girls Cheerleaders - Chargers Cheerleaders". Footballbabble.com. Retrieved 2012-09-09.
- "San Diego Chargers | Charger Girls - Appearance Guidelines". Chargers.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Wills, Brad (2011-09-16). "2012 Charger Girls calendar unveiled - KSWB". Fox5sandiego.com. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "San Diego Chargers 2012 Cheerleader Calendar". Shop.chargers.com. 2012-05-31. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- "San Diego Chargers | Junior Charger Girls". Chargers.com. Retrieved 2012-07-05.
- Tweet (1970-07-23). "Charisma Carpenter". Maxim. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Alexa Flutie is now a San Diego Chargers cheerleader (Pictures)". Larry Brown Sports. 2012-04-21. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
|This American football–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|