|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
As of 2001[update] India census, Sankarapuram had a population of 12,243. Males constitute 51% of the population and females 49%. Sankarapuram has an average literacy rate of 65%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 73%, and female literacy is 57%. In Sankarapuram, 12% of the population is under 6 years of age. This panchayat has sufficient bus facilities, no railway connections and receives vegetables from the nearest towns of Kallakkurichi and Thiruvannamalai. This town is surrounded by a lot of villages. From here, one can easily access Bangalore, Tirupathi, Chennai and Vellore cities by bus.
Places of worship
- Arulmigu Navasakthi Vinayagar Kovil, Poottai, Sankarapuram.
- Arulmigu Poottai Maariammam Kovil, Poottai, Sankarapuram.
- Poottai Anjaneyar kovil, Poottai, Sankarapuram.
- Anjaneyar Temple, Ravathanallur, Sankarapuram.
- Vasavi Temple,Sankarapuram.
- Athi Thiruvarangam koil, Thiruvarangam,Sankarapuram.
- Thowheeth mosque, Sankarapuram.
- big Palli, Sankarapuram.
- Tntj Mosque, Sankarapuram.
- Jamia Pallivasal, Sankarapuram.
- bazar Mosque, Kallakkurichi.
- Ahle hadees Pallivasal, Sankarapuram.
Banks nearby Sankarapuram
1. INDIAN BANK, SANKARAPURAM IFSC CODE : idib000s009. MICR CODE : 606019003.
2. THE LAKSHMI VILAS BANK LTD, SANKARAPURAM IFSC CODE : lavb0000665. MICR CODE : non-micr.
3. STATE BANK OF INDIA, SANKARAPURAM IFSC CODE : sbin0011072. MICR CODE : 606002007.
4. INDIAN BANK, VADAPONPARAPPI IFSC CODE : idib000v050. MICR CODE : 605019081.
5. INDIAN BANK, PUDUPATTU
IFSC CODE : IDIB000P124. MICR CODE : 606019015.
Schools in Sankarapuram
- Govt Boys Higher Secondary School
- Govt Girls Higher Secondary School
- Oxford Matriculation School
- Good Shepperd Higher Secondary School, serapattu
Colleges nearby Sankarapuram
1. Immaculate College for Women Address : viriyur sankarapuram tk villupuram—606 402.
2. Sri Ramakrishna College Of Education Address : meleri; melapattu; sankarapuram taluk; villupuram dt—606208.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.