|Competitor for Japan|
|Gold||2004 Athens||55 kg|
|Gold||2008 Beijing||55 kg|
|Gold||2012 London||55 kg|
|Gold||2002 Chalkida||55 kg|
|Gold||2003 New York||55 kg|
|Gold||2005 Budapest||55 kg|
|Gold||2006 Guangzhou||55 kg|
|Gold||2007 Baku||55 kg|
|Gold||2008 Tokyo||55 kg|
|Gold||2009 Herning||55 kg|
|Gold||2010 Moscow||55 kg|
|Gold||2011 Istanbul||55 kg|
|Gold||2012 Canada||55 kg|
|Gold||2013 Budapest||55 kg|
|Gold||2002 Busan||55 kg|
|Gold||2006 Doha||55 kg|
|Gold||2010 Guangzhou||55 kg|
Saori Yoshida (吉田 沙保里 Yoshida Saori , born October 5, 1982 in Tsu, Mie, Japan) is a wrestler who won three consecutive Olympic gold medals in the Women's Freestyle 55 kg at 2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics. Her streak of 14 consecutive world titles is unprecedented.
Since her debut in 2002, she has won practically every world- and international-level tournament she has entered. In September 2006, she surpassed a 100-match winning streak.
Until January 20, 2008, Yoshida had never lost an international match at the Senior level and held a streak of 119 consecutive victories, when American Marcie Van Dusen defeated her, 2–0 during the Team World Cup series in Beijing, China.
Yoshida's 58-match win streak was snapped on 27 May 2012, when she lost to Russian Valeria Zholobova at the World Cup in Tokyo.
She was the Olympic flagbearer for Japan at both the opening and closing ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Games in London. Previously eight Japanese women had served as flagbearers, but none had won gold. She won the gold medal in the 55 kg women's freestyle wrestling, her third successive Olympic gold medal in the event, making her the second Japanese woman after Kaori Icho to win three gold medals in wrestling.
- "Olympics wrestling: Saori Yoshida of Japan claims third gold". Retrieved 09-08-2012.
- Odeven, Ed, "Yoshida returns focus to Olympic three-peat after rare defeat", Japan Times, 31 May 2012, p. 20
- AP "Japan's Yoshida wins at women's wrestling worlds". Retrieved 09-20-2013.
- The Asahi Shimbun OLYMPICS/ WRESTLING: 2-time gold medalist Yoshida eager to break 'flag-bearer jinx' August 4 2012 Retrieved on August 15, 2012
- BBC website Saori Yoshida: Medals in Women's Freestyle 55kg Retrieved on August 15, 2012
- BBC website Olympics wrestling: Saori Yoshida of Japan claims third gold August 9, 2012 Retrieved on August 15, 2012
- The Washington Post Japan’s Saori Yoshida seeks to join teammate Kaori Icho as 3-time Olympic champion August 9 2012 Retrieved on August 15, 2012
On September 28, 2012, at the World Wrestling Championships in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Saori Yoshida made history winning her 13th international win, becoming the most decorated wrestler since the inception of the sport.
- Athlete Biography at beijing2008
|Flagbearer for Japan
|This biographical article relating to a Japanese sport wrestler or wrestling coach is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|