|• Mayor (2006–2014)||Thierry Gaillard|
|• Land1||41.11 km2 (15.87 sq mi)|
|• Population2 density||20/km2 (52/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||23168 / 23250|
|Elevation||455–680 m (1,493–2,231 ft)
(avg. 513 m or 1,683 ft)
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
An area of streams, lakes, forestry and farming, comprising the village and several hamlets situated in the valley of the Gartempe River, some 10 miles (16 km) south of Guéret, where the D60 and the D50 roads join the D940.
- The church, dating from the eleventh century.
- Megaliths known as "Les Pierres Boutelines".
- A nineteenth-century chapel at the hamlet of Saint-Pardoux.
- A statue of the "marmot de la Feyte", at La Feyte.
- Sculptures at the village of Mont.
- Claude Chabrol, (1930-2010), a native of Sardent, shot his first film Le Beau Serge in Sardent
- Eugene Jamot, (1879-1937), doctor of tropical medicine, was born here.
|This Creuse geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|