Scott & Rivers
|Scott & Rivers|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California USA
Chicago, Illinois USA
|Genres||J-pop, rock, pop|
|Associated acts||Weezer, Allister|
In 2009, while on tour in Japan, Rivers Cuomo was introduced to Scott Murphy's Japanese language music, and after discovering that they were both signed to the same Universal Music Group, Rivers asked the label to arrange a meeting.
They met in Los Angeles in 2009, and soon began writing and recording an album of original songs sung in Japanese together for the new "Scott & Rivers" project. They both share lead vocal duties as well as play guitar in the group. "Scott & Rivers" played their first shows at the Radio Crazy Festival in Osaka, Japan on 29 December 2012 and at the Countdown Japan Festival in Chiba, Japan on 31 December 2012, as the first non-Japanese act to perform at the popular festivals. On March 20, 2013, Scott & Rivers released a 12 song self titled album through Universal Music Japan. The album contains 11 original songs and 1 cover of Kaela Kimura's song "Butterfly."  They played a sold out headlining tour in March/April of 2013 to promote the album's release. Scott Murphy also joined Cuomo's band Weezer on stage at the Punk Spring '13 festival in Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya to play their first single,"Homely Girl" for the Japanese audiences. "Scott & Rivers" album debuted at #1 on the iTunes Japan alternative charts on the week it was released. The album is currently available physically only in Japan, and digitally worldwide through iTunes.
- http://www.absolutepunk.net/showthread.php?t=2123462 AbsolutePunk.net Website
- http://www.universal-music.co.jp/scott-murphy/ Universal Music Japan
- http://ro69.jp/blog/japan/74138 Rockin' On Japan Website
- http://radiocrazy.fm Radio Crazy Festival Website
- http://countdownjapan.jp/1213/artist Countdown Japan Website
- http://www.weezerpedia.com/wiki/index.php?title=スコット_と_リバース_(Scott_%26_Rivers) Weezerpedia
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scott-rivers/id633593815 iTunes site