Wiseman playing for Barnsley in 2013
|Full name||Scott Nigel Kenneth Wiseman|
|Date of birth||9 October 1985|
|Place of birth||Kingston upon Hull, England|
|Height||6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
|Preston North End|
|2005||→ Boston United (loan)||2||(0)|
|2006–2007||→ Rotherham United (loan)||18||(1)|
|2007||→ Darlington (loan)||10||(0)|
|2014–||Preston North End||26||(2)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 15:49, 14 December 2014 (UTC).
† Appearances (Goals).
Scott Nigel Kenneth Wiseman (born 9 October 1985) is a professional footballer who plays for Preston North End as a defender. His preferred position is right-back. In November 2013 he made his debut for Gibraltar, qualifying through his mother who was born in Gibraltar.
Born in Kingston upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, Wiseman had been involved with his hometown club, Hull City, since the age of six, making his senior debut for the Tigers in a 1–1 draw against Kidderminster Harriers in the 2003–04 season. He made only four appearances for City in the 2004–05 season and had a brief loan spell at Boston United. He made an increased number of appearances for Hull in 2005–06, but then spent the first half of the 2006–07 season on loan to Rotherham United, where on 23 September 2006 he scored his first senior goal, in a match against Leyton Orient.
In March, he moved on loan again, to Darlington. He joined Darlington permanently in May 2007.
In January 2013, Barnsley accepted a bid from Blackpool, but the deal fell through and he played the remainder of the season at Oakwell. After the departure of Keith Hill, newly appointed manager David Flitcroft used Wiseman as a right wing back due to the £3 million sale of youngster John Stones to Everton. In comparison to his somewhat average performances as a centre half under the Hill regime, Wiseman made the right wing back position his own and became an integral part of the 2013 Reds side that narrowly avoided relegation to League One.
Preston North End
Wiseman made his debut for Gibraltar in their first UEFA match on 19 November 2013, a 0–0 draw against Slovakia. This was Gibraltar's first game since being admitted to UEFA. Wiseman has also represented England at Under-20 level in the Toulon Tournament, a competition which saw then Hull City and England Under-21s manager Peter Taylor take charge of the England team.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2009). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2009–10. Mainstream Publishing. p. 442. ISBN 978-1-84596-474-0.
- "Gibraltar are set to call on Barnsley defender Scott Wiseman". Sky Sports. 14 October 2013. Retrieved 14 October 2013.
- "Leyton Orient 2–3 Rotherham". BBC Sport. 23 September 2006. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Penney adds three more to Quakers". BBC Sport. 24 May 2007. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Rochdale 3 – 0 Macclesfield". BBC Sport. 5 December 2009. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Scott Wiseman and Matt Done set for Barnsley move". BBC Sport. 21 June 2011. Retrieved 31 January 2013.
- "Barnsley 3 – 2 Derby". BBC Sport. 31 January 2012. Retrieved 12 January 2014.
- "Transfer window: Scott Wiseman joins Preston". bbc.com. BBC. 10 January 2014. Retrieved 23 September 2014.
- "Gibraltar 0–0 Slovakia". http://footballgibraltar.wordpress.com/. Retrieved 19 November 2013.
- "Gibraltar hold Slovakia in maiden international". www.uefa.com. Retrieved 21 November 2013.