|Motto: "Dharmottama Satya Praja"|
|• Mayor||dr. H. Mundjirin ES .SpOG|
|• Vice-mayor||Ir. Warnadi MM|
|• Total||1,447 km2 (559 sq mi)|
|Population (2010 Census)|
|• Density||640/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||WIB (UTC+7)|
|Area code(s)||0274, 0298|
Administratively, Semarang Regency is bordered by Kendal and Temanggung Regencies in the west, Salatiga City in the south, Grobogan and Demak Regencies in the east and Semarang Municipality in the north. Geographically, it is located between 110 14 54,75 110 39 3 East Longitude and 7 3 57 7 30 South Latitude. Semarang Regency area is 95,020 Ha. It is recorded that 70,602 Ha is non rice field area, and 24,417 Ha of rice field area.
Air temperature in this regency is relatively cold because it is located in the height of 318 1450 m asl. Ungaran Barat District is the lowest area, and Getasan District is the highest. In 2005 there was 97 rainy days and in 2007 was 83 rainy days. Bawen District is an area with the most rainy days intensity (144 days) and Suruh District the least (30 days).
This regency consists of nineteen districts (kecamatan), as follows:
- Ungaran Barat (West Ungaran)
- Ungaran Timur (East Ungaran)
- Budha Gaya Watugong Shrine. Budha Gaya Watugong shrine complex has great artistic value. With the height of 39 metres, it represents the highest pagoda in Indonesia. It was built in 2005, and it's located in front of Makodam IV Diponegoro Semarang. In this seven-floors building, there are some Welas Asih Goddess statues lied on its second until sixth floor, and also has 20 Kwan Im statues.
- Classic Trains Museum of Ambarawa. Museum of train is located in Ambarawa town, Semarang Regency, precisely it lies on highway connecting Ambarawa to Magelang/Yogyakarta town. This museum has 12 collections of ancient locomotive from various type, among other things made in Dutch, Germany and Swiss.
- Gedong Songo Temples. This temple lies 5 km from Bandungan toward the foot-hills of Ungaran mountain, at the height of 1,300-1,500 metres above sea level. Gedong Songo group consist of nine Hindu temples which was built in the middle of the 9th century (songo means nine).
- Penggaron Forest. Penggaron forest height is about 350 metres above sea level with temperature of 20°C until 26°C with fresh and clean air. This forest recreation site lies within 17 kilometres from Semarang and only 2 kilometres from Ungaran so making its area very close to the urban areas. Dominated by pine forest, though other species can also be found.
- Rawapening. It lies 38 kilometres from Semarang city or 3 kilometres from Ambarawa. Rawapening is located on hillside of mount Telomoyo, mount Ungaran and mount Kendalisodo, precisely resides in Ambarawa, Bawen, Tuntang, and Banyubiru subdistrict. Visitors can stop over for a while and enjoy the beautiful scenery which has an area space of 2,270 ha.
- Tlogo Coffee Plantation. Tlogo Coffee Plantation is located in Delik village, Semarang regency of Central Java province. It is an area with the width of 415 hectare and height 400 until 675 metres above sea level. Cold weather and clean air which are free from pollution will bring enjoyable moment and beautiful panorama.
- (Indonesian) Official website