From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Shanti, Santhi or Shanthi (from Sanskrit शान्तिः śāntiḥ) means peace, rest, calmness, tranquility, or bliss.
- Shanti Devi, Indian woman at the center of a case of supposed reincarnation
- Shanti Roney, Swedish actor
- Shanti Snyder, Japanese/English lyricist, singer, songwriter, and music TV host
- Oliver Shanti, New Age musician
- Shanti Wintergate, musician/actress/writer
- Shanthi Krishna, Tamil and Malayalam movie actress
- Shanthi Lekha or Rita Irene Quyn, Sri Lankan actress
- Santhi Soundarajan or Santhi Soundararajan, Indian athlete
- Shanti-Mar Austria, poging pogi at macho na alalay ni Johnson Balcita
- "Shanti" (song), a 2002 single by Hitomi Shimatani
- "Shanti / Ashtangi" (song), a 1998 song by Madonna from the album Ray of Light
- Shanti (album), a 2002 album by Hitomi Shimatani
- Ferry Corsten's song from the album Twice In A Blue Moon, 2008
- Banco de Gaia's piece from the album Maya
- Bela Fleck/Jeff Coffin composition off the 1998 album Left of Cool
In the media
- Shanti, a 1994 Indian television series
- Shanti, a 2004 Indian film starring Bhavana
- Children of Men, a 2006 film where the phrase is used repeatedly, and is displayed onscreen before the ending credits
- Shanti Project, a group providing support and guidance for people with life-threatening illnesses
- Shanthi Nagar or Shanthi Nagar Colony, one of the major and oldest colonies of Nalgonda, Andhra Pradesh
- Shanthi Sena or 'Sarvodaya Shanthi Sena Sandasaya' (Peace Brigade), a country wide Sri Lankan youth force
- Shanti Mantra, as used in the final line of T.S. Eliot's poem "The Waste Land"
- Shanthi (elephant), famous musician elephant at the National Zoo in Washington D.C..
- Shanti International, a charity based in London which raises money for causes in India and Nepal
- T.S. Eliot, The Complete Poems and Plays 1909-1950. Harcourt, Brace, & World, NY, 1971.
- Shanthi (elephant) (2012-05-01). Shanthi, the National Zoo's Musical Elephant, Plays the Harmonica!. The National Zoo, Smithsonian Institution, Washington DC: YouTube.
- Shanti International
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.