Simon Johnson (economist)
|Born||January 16, 1963|
|Field||political economy, development economics|
|Alma mater||MIT (Ph.D.)
University of Manchester (M.A.)
University of Oxford (B.A.)
Simon H. Johnson (born January 16, 1963) is a British American economist. He is the Ronald A. Kurtz Professor of Entrepreneurship at the MIT Sloan School of Management and a senior fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics. He has held a wide variety of academic and policy-related positions, including Professor of Economics at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. From March 2007 through the end of August 2008, he was Chief Economist of the International Monetary Fund.
He is author, with James Kwak, of the 2010 book 13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown (ISBN 978-0307379054), with whom he has also co-founded and regularly contributes to the economics blog The Baseline Scenario.
Among other positions he is a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research and a Research Fellow at the Centre for Economic Policy Research. He is also a member of the Congressional Budget Office's Panel of Economic Advisers. From 2006 to 2007 he was a visiting fellow at the Peterson Institute for International Economics, where he is currently a senior fellow. He is on the editorial board of four academic economics journals. He has contributed to Project Syndicate since 2007.
See also 
- U.S. Public Records Index Vol 1 (Provo, UT: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc.), 2010.
- Interview with Terry Gross on NPR
- Simon Johnson's biography at the Peterson Institute for International Economics
- LA Times, 29 November 1991, "Muscovites: Want Shares In Boeing For 44 ½?"
- Simon Johnson's biography at MIT
- About the Baseline Scenario
- List of Center for Economic Policy Research Fellows
Further reading 
- Johnson, Simon, "The Quiet Coup", Atlantic Monthly, May 2009
- Faculty profile at MIT
- Johnson's co-blog at MIT
- Profile at the International Monetary Fund
- IDEAS and EconPapers from Research Papers in Economics/RePEc
- Column archive at Project Syndicate
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Works by or about Simon Johnson (economist) in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Video (with audio-only available) of conversation with Johnson about economic issues on Bloggingheads.tv
- Simon Johnson's economics blog "Baseline Scenario"
- Interview with BBC Peter Day's World of Business - Podcast
- MIT video presentation of "13 Bankers: The Wall Street Takeover and the Next Financial Meltdown"
- [http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/04162010/profile.html April 16 2010 appearance on Bill Moyer's Journal, joined by colleague James Kwak
|IMF Chief Economist