|Produced by||Priyanka Dutt|
|Music by||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Cinematography||Vijay K Chakravarthy|
|Edited by||Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao|
Three Angels Studio Pvt. Ltd.
|Distributed by||Blue Sky
Sarocharu (English: Sir came) is a 2013 Tollywood romantic film directed by Parasuram starring Ravi Teja, Nara Rohith, Kajal Aggarwal and Richa Gangopadhyay in the lead roles. The film is produced on Three Angels Studio Pvt. Ltd. banner by Priyanka Dutt and is presented by Vyjayanthi banner. Devi Sri Prasad scored the soundtrack for the film. The film was released on 21 December 2012. The movie received Positive - mixed reviews and was a Hit at the Box Office. The film was dubbed into Tamil as Sir Vanthara which was released in 27 December 2013.
Sandhyaa Arun(Kajal Aggarwal) is a student who is madly in love with Karthik (Ravi Teja), a techie based in Italy. She decides to travel with him to India, confident that the travel time would be enough for her to get Karthik to fall in love. Karthik reciprocates her gestures in a friendly way, but finally reveals that he is married to Vasudha (Richa Gangopadhyay) but is waiting to seek Divorce.
Sandhya comes to know about Karthik’s stint in Subramaniapuram as a football coach and about his affair with Vasudha and that he wants to divorce her because of Incompatibility. She also realises that despite all that baggage, she still has feelings for Karthik. At this point, Karthik springs a surprise and reveals a shocking bit of information that he is not married and the story he narrated was his friend’s and told it so that it should not repeat in their life as he loved her too. This infuriates her to the core and leaves him breaking in tears.
Into this comes in Gautham (Nara Rohith), who is Sandhya’s brother in law and madly in love with her. Based on her Mother’s (Jayasudha) suggestion, she agrees to marry Gautham. Gautham observes that she still loves Karthik and goes to talk with him. After a conversation, he comes to know the Sincerity in Karthik’s love, he lets Sandhya realise it and lets her go to him on their Engagement Day. But all goes vain as Sandhya knows that Karthik left to Ooty leaving her. Finally she too goes to Ooty after 3 months and reunites with him.
- Ravi Teja as Karthik
- Kajal Agarwal as Sandhya
- Richa Gangopadhyay as Vasudha
- Nara Rohith as Gautham
- Jayasudha as Sandhya's Mother
- Chandra Mohan as Sandhya's Father
- Raviprakash as Ravi
- M. S. Narayana as Platinum Prasad
- Srinivasa Reddy as Karthik's Friend
- Kalpika as Kalpika
- Fights: Ram – Lakshman
- Art: Sahi Suresh
- Dance choreography: Raju Sundaram, Dinesh, Lalitha
- Co-directors: Kiran, Bujji
- Production controller: V. Mohan Rao
Parasuram, who directed Ravi Teja's Anjaneyulu directed the film and music director Devi Sri Prasad, who previously worked with Ravi Teja for Venky provided the music. Amala Paul and Trisha backed out of the project citing date issues paving the way for Kajal Aggarwal to bag the heroine role eventually. Richa Gangopadhyay eventually bagged the place of the second heroine in this film. The film was named "Sarosthara" but later it was changed to "Sarocharu" which was confirmed by Richa in her Twitter. This is the second film Ravi Teja is working with Kajal Agarwal after Veera and with Richa Gangopadhyay after Mirapakay. Nara Rohith, the nephew of former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandrababu Naidu, and veteran actors Jayasudha and Chandra Mohan were roped in to play important roles in the film. In November, a set of stills and 2 First Look Posters were Launched which got stunning response. It was also reported later that the pair of Ravi Teja and Kajal will be seen in a very beautiful romantic track that is expected to be a highlight of the movie.
Sarocharu, to be produced by Vyjayanthi Movies, will go on the floors from 16 June in Ooty but postponed to 1 July and again postponed to 8 July. The new schedule of the film started on 29 July 2012. In this flick, Ravi Teja essays the role of a Football Coach and Richa tweeted her character name to be Vasudha. After wrapping up a schedule in Ooty, the unit members have flown to Italy and the film was shot for 12 days and later they moved to Germany for completing the schedule and there scenes Ft. Ravi Teja and Kajal Agarwal were shot. During the shooting of the Schedule, It was reported that the film will be shot in exotic places of Italy and Switzerland. In the end of September 2012, The song "Racha Rambola" was Shot in RFC, Hyderabad and it was reported that Richa is shaking leg along with Ravi Teja in the song and Richa loved the Song. In November, it was declared that the film is in the last leg of shooting and except for a song, most part of the film has already been wrapped up. In the end if November, the shooting of the film was wrapped up. Leading distributors Blue Sky, who were associated with films like 100% Love, Gabbar Singh and Sri Rama Rajyam, bagged the overseas rights for an undisclosed price which is said to be the highest ever for Ravi Teja in overseas area.
The film was awarded with a Clean 'U' Certificate by Central Board of Film Certification on 19 December 2012. The film was released on 21 December 2012. The film was released in 450 screens worldwide.
The film received Positive - Mixed Reviews from Critics. 123telugu stated that " Overall, Sarocharu ends up being an OK watch. " and has given a rating 3/5 for the film. SuperGoodMovies stated that " Go and Watch Sarocharu, It is just one time watchable movie because of Raviiteja. " and has given a rating 2.25/5 for the film. Teluguone stated that " 'Sarocharu' is a refreshing family entertainer which goes on a slow pace. Watch out for the lead actors performances. " and has given a rating 2.75/5 for the film. Oneindia entertainment has given a rating 3/5 for the film. Apherald stated that " Ravi teja sinked his ship yet again with Kajal over shadowing him in this fim justification for "Manchi Prema Katha Tho" got incomplete with multiple errors. " and has given a rating 2/5 for the film.
The film has collected a share of 127 million (US$2.0 million) in Andhra Pradesh in its first weekend. The film has collected $7,037 from 15 screens in the USA in its Second weekend and the per screen average is $469. The film has collected 3124000 (US$49,000) in ten days in USA. The film grossed 550 million (US$8.6 million) worldwide at the box office. The film declared below average grosser in first week later it Hit at the box office.
|Soundtrack album by Devi Sri Prasad|
|Released||5 December 2012|
|Producer||Devi Sri Prasad|
|Devi Sri Prasad chronology|
Producer Priyanka Dutt told that Aditya Music has bagged the audio rights and audio will be released through it for the film. The audio of the film was released directly into market without audio launch on 5 December 2012. Music of the film was composed by Devi Sri Prasad. The album consists of five songs. Lyrics for the two songs were penned by Ramajogayya Sastry and remaining songs were written by Srimani, Anantha Sreeram, Chandrabose. Devi sri prasad himself sung a song in the album.
The album has received a good response. 123telugu stated that "Decent album from DSP". Apherald.com gave a rating 2.5/5 for the album and stated that "Devi Sri Prasad’s magical tunes are missing to core in the audio of this film".
|1.||"Made For Each Other"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Devi Sri Prasad||4:26|
|2.||"Jaga Jaga Jagadeka Veera"||Ramajogayya Sastry||Venu, Ranina Reddy||4:47|
|3.||"Raccha Rambola"||Srimani||Javed Ali, Rita||4:19|
|4.||"Gusa Gusa"||Anantha Sreeram||Sagar, Sunitha||3:37|
|5.||"Kaatuka Kallu"||Chandrabose||Khushi Murali, Swetha Mohan, Chinnaponnu||3:58|
- "Cine News". cinejosh.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Blue Sky bags Sarocharu for fancy rate". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Sarocharu on December 21". idlebrain.com. Retrieved 15 December 2012.
- "Richa is Saar Vosthara's second heroine". IndiaGlitz. 5 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Box office report". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- TNN (15 May 2012). "Amala Paul Rejects Ravi Teja –". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- TNN (19 May 2012). "Trisha Refuses Ravi Teja for 'Sir Osthara' –". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Kajal to pair opposite Ravi Teja". The Times of India. 23 May 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- "Exclusive : Nara Rohit special role in Ravi Teja’s film". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 21 October 2012.
- "Ravi Teja 'Sarocharu' first look Revealed". Oneindia Entertainment. Retrieved 17 November 2012.
- "Ravi Teja’s Sarocharu First Look Posters". Telugu Movies Now. Retrieved 16 November 2012.
- "Ravi Teja – Kajal’s romance to be a highlight". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 28 November 2012.
- "Saar Osthara to start rolling from June 16". The Times of India. 3 June 2012. Retrieved 5 June 2012.
- Sashidhar AS, TNN (14 June 2012). "Ravi Teja'’s "Sir Osthara" shooting postponed –". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- Sashidhar AS, TNN (28 June 2012). "Ravi Teja’s Sar Osthara shooting postponed again –". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Sir Vacharu italy shoot begins on 29th". ifilmish. 28 July 2012. Retrieved 4 August 2012.
- "Ravi Teja as Football Coach in Sir Vacharu". timesofap.com. Retrieved $1 $2. Check date values in:
- "Kajal Agarwal Raviteja Romancing in Sir Vacharu Movie Germany Locations". teluguone.com.
- "Ravi Teja Sir Vacharu Movie in Italy". teluguone.com. Retrieved 28 July 2012.
- "Richa goes gaga over her Racha Rambola". The Times of India. Retrieved 27 Sep 2012.
- "Ravi Teja starrer Sir Vacharu nears completion". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 10 November 2012.
- "Sarocharu’s shooting wrapped up". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 30 November 2012.
- "Saarocharu gets clean U & release on 21 December". idlebrain.com. 17 December 2012. Retrieved 19 December 2012.
- "Review : Sarocharu – A different Ravi Teja film". 123telugu.com. 20 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Sarocharu Movie Review". supergoodmovies.com. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Sarocharu Movie Review". teluguone.com. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Sarocharu – Movie Review". entertainment.oneindia.in. 21 December 2012. Retrieved 21 December 2012.
- "Sarocharu Movie Review, Rating – A Ravi Teja's Film". apherald.com. 21 December. Retrieved 21 December 2012. Check date values in:
- "Sarocharu movie two-week collections.". bharatone.com. 6 January 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
- "Yamudiki Mogudu, Sarocharu collection at USA Box Office". entertainment.oneindia.in. 1 January 2013. Retrieved 8 January 2013.
|last1=in Authors list (help)
- "Sarocharu DTS® (Pre-Order)". bhavanidvd.com. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Sarocharu Blu-ray (Telugu-Bluray)". bhavanidvd.com. 30 April 2013. Retrieved 1 May 2013.
- "Ravi Teja’s Sirocharu movie audio on Dec 5 (Telugu)". teluguportals.com. Retrieved 1 December 2012.
- "Sarocharu audio released". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 5 November 2012.
- "Audio Review : Sarocharu – Decent album from DSP". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 6 December 2012.
- "Sarocharu Music Review". apherald.com. 8 December 2012. Retrieved 17 December 2012.