|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2011)|
|Founded||2007 in California|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
||This article appears to contain a large number of buzzwords. (May 2013)|
SocialVibe is a next-gen digital ad-tech company that powers engagement advertising for some of the world’s top brands. In today’s online landscape where consumer attention is hard to capture, SocialVibe’s interactive ads deliver better results through deeper engagement by delivering an improved consumer experience and more powerful brand interaction. As a pioneer and recognized leader in engagement marketing, SocialVibe enables advertisers to reach consumers where they are most passionately engaged across the web and mobile, including social, social gaming, content, music, video, Wi-Fi, travel and sports.
SocialVibe combines the power of an extensive network of premium online and mobile partners, a large, 750x500 rich media ad unit and innovative new placements such as value exchange and interstitials to deliver proven results for brands and marketers. This combination is one of the most powerful in digital advertising, driving industry leading results such as five to 10 times the engagement of display, 60 seconds time spent, 80 percent-plus completion rates and more than 15 percent lift in key brand metrics such as consideration and purchase intent.
SocialVibe is based in Los Angeles, Calif. with offices in New York, Chicago, Atlanta and London. The company is backed by Redpoint Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Jafco Ventures, and Pinnacle Ventures. SocialVibe was founded in 2007 by entrepreneurs Joe Marchese, Brandon Mills and David Levy.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
The digital advertising technology allows brands to reach, engage, and spread messages through a targeted audience of consumers in social media. SocialVibe serves engagements for brands by positioning their ads in a value-exchange system. Consumers can watch and engage with advertisements in order to receive things they want such as virtual currency or premium content without ever paying out of pocket.
The company’s ads seem to be generating better click through rates than traditional display advertising. The company says that its incentivized engagements enable consumers to decide how and when they would like to engage with a brand. By self-selecting social media engagements from SocialVibe, consumers have a greater likelihood of spending time with the message, completing the engagement and sharing the advertisement with their social community across Facebook and Twitter. The company was featured in Advertising Age in October 2010 for its brand advertising solution for major publishers including the world's largest social gaming network.
SocialVibe has powered major ad campaigns for brands such as Microsoft, Visa, Apple, Disney, Coca Cola, Kia, Kraft, Macys, Nestle, Procter & Gamble and Discover. The ad company, which includes owned-and-operated charity site Give.SocialVibe.com, powers social media engagements that offer incentives for users to interact with brand messaging in a unique value exchange.
Awards & Recognition
In August 2010, Forbes recognized SocialVibe's engagement for Microsoft Bing on Zynga's FarmVille as one of the "Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns." The campaign garnered over 425,000 fans for Bing in less than one day, and 70% of the fans visited the search engine in the following month. The campaign was also won an OMMA Award for Online Advertising Creativity in the social media category in September 2010.
SocialVibe received $4.2 million in Series A funding led by Redpoint Ventures in December 2007. It was launched in February 2008 in public beta, and, as of October 19, 2009, its members have raised a total of more than $700,000 for their respective charities. On August 25, 2008, SocialVibe formed a partnership with Interpublic, one of its largest liaisons to date.
In January 2009, JAFCO Ventures led an initiative along with Redpoint Ventures to raise the total amount invested in the company to $12 million, as the company shifts to a revenue sharing model with the charities it represents (all of the money raised on SocialVibe formerly went to the charity itself)
- September 2010: SocialVibe Launches SVnetwork, Taps Millions Of Third-Party App Users.
- October 2010: SVnetwork: 100th Brand Advertising Campaign.
- November 2010: SVnetwork Reaches 30 Million Users On SocialVibe via Causes.
- March 2011: SocialVibe named Top 12 Online Fundraising Platforms for Donors & Non-Profits.
- March 2011: SocialVibe Closes $20 Million Funding Round.
- May 2011: SocialVibe Ties Into Facebook Credits.
- June 2011: SocialVibe Network Adds 29 Brands.
- August 2011: SocialVibe Adapts Brand Ad Model For Politicians.
- September 2011: STUDY: How Facebook Incentives Boost Brands 38%.
- October 2011: SocialVibe's Voluntary Ads Aim To Make The Internet Free.
- November 2011: Sony Pictures Television Ad Sales & SocialVibe Launch Digital Advertising Partnership.
- Zynga Grows One Thing Advertisers Want: Mass Reach. (2010, October 25). Advertising Age. http://adage.com/digital/article?article_id=146670
- Watch an Ad, Make a (Virtual) Buck. (2010, September 29). All Things Digital. http://mediamemo.allthingsd.com/20100929/watch-an-ad-make-a-virtual-buck/
- How Performance Brand Advertising Engages a Mass Audience in Digital Media. (2010, November 1). SVnetwork white paper. http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101101005860/en/Performance-Brand-Advertising-Engages-Mass-Audience-Digital
- SocialVibe: How advertising and social media can change the world. (2011, January 27). Simon Mainwaring. http://simonmainwaring.com/social-networking/socialvibe-how-advertising-and-social-media-can-change-the-world/
- SVnetwork Incenting Consumers With Self-Selecting Social Ads Says CEO Samit. (2010, October 14). AdExchanger. http://www.adexchanger.com/ad-networks/svnetwork-incenting-consumers-with-self-selecting-social-ads-says-ceo-samit/
- Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns. (2010, August 17). FORBES. http://archive.is/20130123221253/http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/17/facebook-old-spice-farmville-pepsi-forbes-viral-marketing-cmo-network-social-media_slide_19.html
- Bing's Virtual Bling Buys Facebook Fans. (2010, March 4). Brandweek. http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_display/news-and-features/incentive/e3ic70c834af0ab2460c16c05fd01736a5d
- OMMA Awards 2010 Winner: Online Advertising Creativity, Social: Campaign category. (2010, September 27). OMMA. http://www.mediapost.com/events/?/showID/OMMAAwards.10.NYC/type/AwardWinner/itemID/1663/OMMAAwards-Winners.html
- Keane, Meghan. "Interpublic Partners With SocialVibe to Tap Into Brand Promotion on Social Networks". WIRED.
- K.C. Jones. "SocialVibe Raises Funds For Earthquake, Cyclone Relief Information Week
- Kee, Tameka (January 12, 2009). "paidContent.org - SocialVibe Gets $8 Million Second Round For Social Media "Activism"". The Washington Post.
- Semuels, Alana (January 17, 2009). "Venture capitalists abandon 'spend mentality'". Los Angeles Times.
- "September 2010: SocialVibe Launches SVnetwork, Taps Millions Of Third-Party App Users". MediaPost. September, 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SVnetwork: 100th Brand Advertising Campaign". SocalTech. October, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SVnetwork Reaches 30 Million Users On SocialVibe via Causes". SocalTech. November, 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe named Top 12 Online Fundraising Platforms for Donors & Non-Profits". Mashable. March, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Closes $20 Million Funding Round". AdAge. March, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Ties Into Facebook Credits". SocalTech. May, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Network Adds 29 Brands". MediaPost. June, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Adapts Brand Ad Model For Politicians". MediaPost. August, 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "STUDY: How Facebook Incentives Boost Brands 38%". AllFacebook. September 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe's Voluntary Ads Aim To Make The Internet Free". Fast Company. October 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Sony Pictures Television Ad Sales & SocialVibe Launch Digital Advertising Partnership". Portada. November 2011. Retrieved November 21, 2011.