|Founded||2007 in California|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
TrueX is a digital ad company founded in 2007 by Joe Marchese, Brandon Mills and David Levy.
TrueX received $4.2 million in Series A funding led by Redpoint Ventures in December 2007. It was launched in February 2008 in public beta, and, as of October 19, 2009, its members have raised a total of more than $700,000 for their respective charities. On August 25, 2008, SocialVibe formed a partnership with Interpublic, one of its largest liaisons to date. In January 2009, JAFCO Ventures led an initiative along with Redpoint Ventures to raise the total amount invested in the company to $12 million, as the company shifts to a revenue sharing model with the charities it represents (all of the money raised on TrueX formerly went to the charity itself) In March 2011, TrueX closed a $20 million round of funding lead by Norwest Venture Partners. In 2013 the company became known as TrueX, and between 2013 and 2014, the company doubled its revenues. In May 2014 the company also received an additional $6 million in funding. Directors of the company include James Murdoch, Mich Matthews, and Jonathan Miller. The CEO of the company is co-founder Joe Marchese.
Truex has worked with Microsoft, Visa, Apple, Disney, Coca-Cola, Kia, Kraft, Macys, Nestle, Procter & Gamble and Discover on online advertisements. The company uses social media engagements that offer incentives for users to interact with ads in order to unlock content. The ads take over the browser of a user's computer for about 30 seconds, and require user participation for completion.
Awards & Recognition
In August 2010, Forbes recognized SocialVibe's engagement for Microsoft Bing on Zynga's FarmVille as one of the "Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns." The campaign garnered over 425,000 fans for Bing in less than one day, and 70% of the fans visited the search engine in the following month. The campaign was also won an OMMA Award for Online Advertising Creativity in the social media category in September 2010.
- Keane, Meghan. "Interpublic Partners With SocialVibe to Tap Into Brand Promotion on Social Networks". WIRED.
- K.C. Jones. "SocialVibe Raises Funds For Earthquake, Cyclone Relief Information Week
- Kee, Tameka (January 12, 2009). "paidContent.org - SocialVibe Gets $8 Million Second Round For Social Media "Activism"". The Washington Post.
- Semuels, Alana (January 17, 2009). "Venture capitalists abandon 'spend mentality'". Los Angeles Times.
- SocialVibe: How advertising and social media can change the world. (2011, January 27). Simon Mainwaring. http://simonmainwaring.com/social-networking/socialvibe-how-advertising-and-social-media-can-change-the-world/
- SVnetwork Incenting Consumers With Self-Selecting Social Ads Says CEO Samit. (2010, October 14). AdExchanger. http://www.adexchanger.com/ad-networks/svnetwork-incenting-consumers-with-self-selecting-social-ads-says-ceo-samit/
- Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns. (2010, August 17). FORBES. http://archive.is/20130123221253/http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/17/facebook-old-spice-farmville-pepsi-forbes-viral-marketing-cmo-network-social-media_slide_19.html
- Bing's Virtual Bling Buys Facebook Fans. (2010, March 4). Brandweek. http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_display/news-and-features/incentive/e3ic70c834af0ab2460c16c05fd01736a5d
- OMMA Awards 2010 Winner: Online Advertising Creativity, Social: Campaign category. (2010, September 27). OMMA. http://www.mediapost.com/events/?/showID/OMMAAwards.10.NYC/type/AwardWinner/itemID/1663/OMMAAwards-Winners.html