|Founded||2007 in California|
|Headquarters||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
SocialVibe is a digital ad company.
SocialVibe is based in Los Angeles, Calif. with offices in New York, Chicago, Atlanta and London. The company is backed by Redpoint Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners, Jafco Ventures, and Pinnacle Ventures. SocialVibe was founded in 2007 by entrepreneurs Joe Marchese, Brandon Mills and David Levy.
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2013)|
SocialVibe has powered major ad campaigns for brands such as Microsoft, Visa, Apple, Disney, Coca Cola, Kia, Kraft, Macys, Nestle, Procter & Gamble and Discover. The ad company, which includes owned-and-operated charity site Give.SocialVibe.com, powers social media engagements that offer incentives for users to interact with brand messaging in a unique value exchange.
Awards & Recognition
In August 2010, Forbes recognized SocialVibe's engagement for Microsoft Bing on Zynga's FarmVille as one of the "Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns." The campaign garnered over 425,000 fans for Bing in less than one day, and 70% of the fans visited the search engine in the following month. The campaign was also won an OMMA Award for Online Advertising Creativity in the social media category in September 2010.
SocialVibe received $4.2 million in Series A funding led by Redpoint Ventures in December 2007. It was launched in February 2008 in public beta, and, as of October 19, 2009, its members have raised a total of more than $700,000 for their respective charities. On August 25, 2008, SocialVibe formed a partnership with Interpublic, one of its largest liaisons to date.
In January 2009, JAFCO Ventures led an initiative along with Redpoint Ventures to raise the total amount invested in the company to $12 million, as the company shifts to a revenue sharing model with the charities it represents (all of the money raised on SocialVibe formerly went to the charity itself)
- September 2010: SocialVibe Launches SVnetwork, Taps Millions Of Third-Party App Users.
- October 2010: SVnetwork: 100th Brand Advertising Campaign.
- November 2010: SVnetwork Reaches 30 Million Users On SocialVibe via Causes.
- March 2011: SocialVibe named Top 12 Online Fundraising Platforms for Donors & Non-Profits.
- March 2011: SocialVibe Closes $20 Million Funding Round.
- May 2011: SocialVibe Ties Into Facebook Credits.
- June 2011: SocialVibe Network Adds 29 Brands.
- August 2011: SocialVibe Adapts Brand Ad Model For Politicians.
- September 2011: STUDY: How Facebook Incentives Boost Brands 38%.
- October 2011: SocialVibe's Voluntary Ads Aim To Make The Internet Free.
- November 2011: Sony Pictures Television Ad Sales & SocialVibe Launch Digital Advertising Partnership.
- SocialVibe: How advertising and social media can change the world. (2011, January 27). Simon Mainwaring. http://simonmainwaring.com/social-networking/socialvibe-how-advertising-and-social-media-can-change-the-world/
- SVnetwork Incenting Consumers With Self-Selecting Social Ads Says CEO Samit. (2010, October 14). AdExchanger. http://www.adexchanger.com/ad-networks/svnetwork-incenting-consumers-with-self-selecting-social-ads-says-ceo-samit/
- Best-Ever Social Media Campaigns. (2010, August 17). FORBES. http://archive.is/20130123221253/http://www.forbes.com/2010/08/17/facebook-old-spice-farmville-pepsi-forbes-viral-marketing-cmo-network-social-media_slide_19.html
- Bing's Virtual Bling Buys Facebook Fans. (2010, March 4). Brandweek. http://www.brandweek.com/bw/content_display/news-and-features/incentive/e3ic70c834af0ab2460c16c05fd01736a5d
- OMMA Awards 2010 Winner: Online Advertising Creativity, Social: Campaign category. (2010, September 27). OMMA. http://www.mediapost.com/events/?/showID/OMMAAwards.10.NYC/type/AwardWinner/itemID/1663/OMMAAwards-Winners.html
- Keane, Meghan. "Interpublic Partners With SocialVibe to Tap Into Brand Promotion on Social Networks". WIRED.
- K.C. Jones. "SocialVibe Raises Funds For Earthquake, Cyclone Relief Information Week
- Kee, Tameka (January 12, 2009). "paidContent.org - SocialVibe Gets $8 Million Second Round For Social Media "Activism"". The Washington Post.
- Semuels, Alana (January 17, 2009). "Venture capitalists abandon 'spend mentality'". Los Angeles Times.
- "September 2010: SocialVibe Launches SVnetwork, Taps Millions Of Third-Party App Users". MediaPost. September 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SVnetwork: 100th Brand Advertising Campaign". SocalTech. October 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SVnetwork Reaches 30 Million Users On SocialVibe via Causes". SocalTech. November 2010. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe named Top 12 Online Fundraising Platforms for Donors & Non-Profits". Mashable. March 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Closes $20 Million Funding Round". AdAge. March 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Ties Into Facebook Credits". SocalTech. May 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Network Adds 29 Brands". MediaPost. June 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe Adapts Brand Ad Model For Politicians". MediaPost. August 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "STUDY: How Facebook Incentives Boost Brands 38%". AllFacebook. September 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "SocialVibe's Voluntary Ads Aim To Make The Internet Free". Fast Company. October 2011. Retrieved December 9, 2011.
- "Sony Pictures Television Ad Sales & SocialVibe Launch Digital Advertising Partnership". Portada. November 2011. Retrieved November 21, 2011.