Southeast Township, Orange County, Indiana
An I-house at Valeene
Location in Orange County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||53.33 sq mi (138.1 km2)|
|• Land||53.21 sq mi (137.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.12 sq mi (0.3 km2) 0.23%|
|Elevation||656 ft (200 m)|
|• Density||30.1/sq mi (11.6/km2)|
|ZIP codes||47125, 47140, 47452, 47454|
|GNIS feature ID||0453856|
Southeast Township was named from its position in the southeastern corner of Orange County.
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 53.33 square miles (138.1 km2), of which 53.21 square miles (137.8 km2) (or 99.77%) is land and 0.12 square miles (0.31 km2) (or 0.23%) is water.
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains Little Africa Cemetery.
- Paoli Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 9th congressional district
- State House District 62
- State Senate District 44
- "Southeast Township, Orange County, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-10.
- History of Lawrence, Orange, and Washington Counties, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present. Higginson Book Company. 1884. p. 402.
- Indiana Township Association
- United Township Association of Indiana
- City-Data.com page for Southeast Township