Oklahoma State Highway 31
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||132.6 mi (213.4 km)|
|West end:||SH-48 south of Tupelo|
|East end:||US-59 / US-271 north of Panama|
There are two spur highways branching from SH-31, SH-31A and SH-31B.
SH-31 begins at SH-48 seven miles (11 km) south of Tupelo. Two miles (3.2 km) east of here, SH-31B branches off, connecting the main highway with the town of Olney. SH-31 then continues for 10 miles (16 km) to Coalgate, the seat of Coal County, where it intersects US-75/SH-3. Leaving Coalgate, SH-31 turns north at SH-131, traveling 22 miles (35 km) to its junction with SH-31A, which connects with US-270 at Stuart. At SH-31A, SH-31 turns to the east, following the northern edge of the McAlester Army Ammunition Plant, arriving in McAlester, seat of Pittsburg County, 22 miles (35 km) later.
In McAlester, SH-31 forms a five-mile (8 km) concurrency with US-270 and SH-1, splitting up just east of the US-69 interchange on the east side of the city. SH-31 then sets off to the northeast, passing through Krebs, and crossing the south arm of Lake Eufaula.
At Quinton, 27 miles (43 km) from McAlester, SH-31 serves as the southern terminus of SH-71, then heads east, forming a six-mile (10 km) concurrency with SH-2 to the town of Kinta. At Kinta, SH-2 turns north, and SH-31 continues east, with a short dogleg concurrency with SH-82 at Lequire. Continuing on to the east, SH-31 serves as the southern terminus for SH-26 at McCurtain, then passes though Bokoshe before terminating at US-59/US-271, two miles (3 km) north of Panama.
|2.0||3.2||SH-31B||Northern terminus of SH-31B|
|Coalgate||11.5||18.5||US-75 / SH-3||Western terminus of US-75/SH-3 concurrency|
|11.6||18.7||US-75 / SH-3||Eastern terminus of US-75/SH-3 concurrency|
|Cairo||17.1||27.5||SH-131||Western terminus of SH-131|
||No major junctions|
|Hughes||39.0||62.8||SH-31A||Southern terminus of SH-31A|
|Pittsburg||McAlester||60.9||98.0||US-270 / SH-1||Western terminus of US-270/OK-1 concurrency|
|63.4||102.0||US-270 / SH-1||Eastern terminus of US-270/OK-1 concurrency|
|Quinton||90.8||146.1||SH-71||Southern terminus of SH-71|
|Haskell||92.9||149.5||SH-2||Western terminus of SH-2 concurrency|
|Kinta||98.6||158.7||SH-2||Eastern terminus of SH-2 concurrency|
|McCurtain||115.1||185.2||SH-26||Southern terminus of SH-26|
|Le Flore||132.6||213.4||US-59 / US-271||Eastern terminus|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
|Location:||Pittsburg and Hughes counties|
|Length:||4.46 mi (7.18 km)|
|Length:||3.44 mi (5.54 km)|
SH-31B is a 3.44-mile (5.54 km) spur connecting SH-31 and the town of Olney in Coal County.
- Stuve, Eric. "OK-31". OKHighways.com. Retrieved September 19, 2006.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation. Official State Map (Map) (2009–10 ed.). http://www.odot.org/hqdiv/p-r-div/maps/state-maps/2009state/pdfs/state-map.pdf. Retrieved 2010-03-21.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation (2012-01-01) (PDF). Control Section Maps – Pittsburg County (Map). Cartography by ODOT (2012–2013 ed.). http://www.odot.org/maps/control-section/2012/map_csect_2012-61-pittsburg.pdf. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation (2012-01-01) (PDF). Control Section Maps – Hughes County (Map). Cartography by ODOT (2012–2013 ed.). http://www.odot.org/maps/control-section/2012/map_csect_2012-32-hughes.pdf. Retrieved 2014-03-23.
- Oklahoma Department of Transportation (2012-01-01) (PDF). Control Section Maps – Coal County (Map). Cartography by ODOT (2012–2013 ed.). http://www.odot.org/maps/control-section/2012/map_csect_2012-15-coal.pdf. Retrieved 2014-03-23.