Steen Blicher (footballer)
|Date of birth||22 November 1923|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only. † Appearances (Goals).|
Steen Blicher (born 22 November 1923) is a Danish former amateur footballer who played in the left half-back position. Blicher played 8 games for the Denmark national football team, and was the captain of the Danish team at the 1952 Summer Olympics.
Blicher was a technically limited player, who more than compensated through an immense fighting spirit. He played his club football in Copenhagen with KFUM's Boldklub and later Akademisk Boldklub (AB). In AB, his favorite half-back position was occupied by Danish international Ivan Jensen, and Blicher played some matches as a left winger. When Ivan Jensen turned professional following the 1948 Summer Olympics, Blicher replaced him as the AB left half-back. Blicher was a part of the AB team which won the Danish Championship in 1947, as well as 1951 and 1952.
Blicher made his debut for the Danish national team on May 12, 1951, in a 1-3 defeat to the Scotland national football team. In the last warm-up game before the 1952 Summer Olympics, the Danish team captain, Knud Lundberg, was removed from the position, and Steen Blicher was assigned the position. As Lundberg was Blicher's captain at AB, it was an awkward appointment, but Blicher led the team well through example. Denmark was eliminated by the Yugoslavia national football team in the quarter-finals by 3-5, which was Blicher's last international game.
- Danish national team profile
- "Olympics". sports-reference. Retrieved 30 May 2012.
- Lundberg, Knud (1986). Dansk Fodbold. 1. Fra Breslau til Bronceholdet. Copenhagen: Rhodos. pp. 60–61. ISBN 87-7245-132-7.
- Lundberg, Knud (1986). Dansk Fodbold. 1. Fra Breslau til Bronceholdet. Copenhagen: Rhodos. p. 219. ISBN 87-7245-132-7.
- Lundberg, Knud (1987). Dansk Fodbold. 2. Trange tider og olympisk sølv. Copenhagen: Rhodos. pp. 193–195. ISBN 87-7245-181-5.
- Lundberg, Knud (1987). Dansk Fodbold. 2. Trange tider og olympisk sølv. Copenhagen: Rhodos. pp. 37–38. ISBN 87-7245-181-5.