31 March 1985 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Known for||Good Game|
Stephanie Bendixsen (born 31 March 1985) is an Australian television presenter best known as one of the presenters of the video game shows Good Game and Good Game: Spawn Point, where she goes by the gamertag "Hex". Both shows are produced by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation for their channels ABC2 and ABC3.
Bendixsen was born in Sydney, Australia. As a child she moved with her family to Auckland, New Zealand where she lived until the age of nine, when she moved back to Australia. In adolescence, her parents refused to let her play any form of video games, and as such, she would sneak out of home to her friends' places to play games with them.
In 2009, the ABC ran a nationwide search for television presenters to host a new kids channel, ABC3, and Bendixsen auditioned for one of the positions. While shooting her audition video she discovered that the ABC2 video game review show Good Game was also looking for a presenter. Bendixsen was approached by the ABC for the Good Game presenter role after auditioning for the role of a judge on ABC 3's talent search Me on 3. Being a long-time fan of the show herself, she applied for and won the role, replacing former host Jeremy Ray. Bendixsen also became a co-host for the show's spin-off Good Game: Spawn Point, on ABC3 aimed at younger audiences.
On 26 October 2009, she made her debut for Good Game and subsequently Good Game: Spawn Point on 20 February 2010 alongside current host Steven "Bajo" O'Donnell. She also currently hosts Good Game: Pocket Edition.
Bendixsen's Gamertag "Hex" came from her love of spellcasters in role-playing games, and their common attribute in a spell called "Hex", whereby an enemy would be afflicted by a curse which usually would cause damage or immobilize its current state. Hex now plays more stealth-based characters, such as a Rogue or Thief, but chooses to keep the name as a nickname.
- "Good Game Spawn Point: About Hex". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- Fox, Tiffany (11 December 2009). "Geek lands dream job". The West Australian. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Good Game: Stephanie "Hex" Bendixsen". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 16 December 2014.
- "Good Game – Browse by Date: 2009". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Stephanie Bendixsen Personal FAQ". Tumblr. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "TechnologyABC trashes sacked Good Game presenter". news.com.au. 30 October 2009.
- Bodey, Michael (22 October 2009). "ABC to launch new kids digital TV channel ABC3". The Australian. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Good Game Spawn Point – Series 1 Episode 1". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "The role of the reviewer in the age of Twitter" (19 September 2011). News, University of Sydney. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "People You May Know - Episode One". Youtube. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- Branscombe, Maurice; Carr, Janet; O'Donnell, Steven; Ray, Jeremy (2009). The Good Game Gamer's Guide to Good Gaming. HarperCollins Australia. ISBN 978-0-7333-2560-1.
- "All about ... Stephanie 'Hex' Bendixsen". ABC3 crew. ABC3.
- Stephanie Bendixsen on Twitter
- Stephanie Bendixsen on Tumblr (Hexington)
- Stephanie Bendixsen at the Internet Movie Database
- Articles by Stephanie Bendixsen "Hex" at Kotaku Australia