Bendixsen in June 2013, at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.
31 March 1985 |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
|Known for||Good Game|
|Good Game website|
Stephanie Bendixsen (born 31 March 1985) is an Australian television presenter. She is best known as one of the presenters of the video game review shows Good Game, Good Game: Spawn Point and Good Game: Pocket Edition, where she goes by the gamertag "Hex". All three shows are produced by the Australian Broadcasting Corporation for their channels ABC2 and ABC3..
In 2009, the ABC ran a nationwide search for television presenters to host a new kids channel, ABC3. Bendixsen auditioned for one of the positions, however while shooting her audition video she discovered that the ABC2 video game review show Good Game was also looking for a presenter. Being a long-time fan of the show herself, she applied for and won the role, replacing former host Jeremy Ray. Bendixsen also became a co-host for the show's spin-off Good Game: Spawn Point, on ABC3 aimed at younger audiences.
On 26 October 2009, she made her debut for Good Game and its new show Good Game: Spawn Point on 20 February 2010 alongside current host Steven "Bajo" O'Donnell. She also currently hosts Good Game: Pocket Edition.
Bendixsen also writes a monthly gaming column for DOLLY magazine.
She acted in an online mini-series called People You May Know.
- "Good Game – Browse by Date: 2009". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "Stephanie Bendixsen Personal FAQ". Tumblr. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "TechnologyABC trashes sacked Good Game presenter". news.com.au. 30 October 2009.
- Bodey, Michael (22 October 2009). "ABC to launch new kids digital TV channel ABC3". The Australian. Retrieved 2 November 2009.
- "Good Game Spawn Point – Series 1 Episode 1". Abc.net.au. Retrieved 16 August 2011.
- "The role of the reviewer in the age of Twitter" (19 September 2011). News, University of Sydney. Retrieved 4 February 2013.
- "People You May Know - Episode One". Youtube. Retrieved 23 November 2012.
- Fox, Tiffany (11 December 2009). "Geek lands dream job". The West Australian.
- Branscombe, Maurice; Carr, Janet; O'Donnell, Steven; Ray, Jeremy (2009). The Good Game Gamer's Guide to Good Gaming. HarperCollins Australia. ISBN 978-0-7333-2560-1.
- "All about ... Stephanie 'Hex' Bendixsen". ABC3 crew. ABC3.
- Stephanie Bendixsen on Twitter
- Stephanie Bendixsen on Tumblr (Hexington)
- Stephanie Bendixsen at the Internet Movie Database
- Articles by Stephanie Bendixsen "Hex" at Kotaku Australia
- About Stephanie "Hex" Bendixsen on the official Good Game website