From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Stephen Jeffreys (born 1950) is a British playwright.
His plays include:
- Like Dolls or Angels (1977) (Sunday Times Playwriting Award at the National Student Drama Festival);
- Carmen 1936 (Edinburgh Fringe Festival Fringe First in 1984);
- Valued Friends (1990, Hampstead Theatre);
- The Clink (1990);
- The Libertine (1994) - also a screenplay filmed with Johnny Depp;
- A Going Concern (1993);
- An adaptation of Richard Brome's play, A Jovial Crew (1992);
- I Just Stopped By to See The Man (2000);
- Interruptions (2001); and
- Lost Land (2005). (2008)
- The Convict's Opera, a reworking of The Beggar's Opera by John Gay, jointly commissioned by Out of Joint theatre company and Sydney Theatre Company.
- Backbeat (2011, Duke of York's Theatre, London) (Co-written with Iain Softley).
- Caught in Flight screenplay. A film on Diana, Princess of Wales
Further reading 
- "Official Duke of York's Theatre Website", Ambassador Theatre Group, accessed August 22, 2011.
- "Caught in Flight Gets Naomi Watts as Princess Diana", Feb 9 2012, Brian Gallagher, movieweb.com
|This article about a writer or poet from the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This theatre-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|