Coordinates: The Strode Mansion is the former residence of Hudson Strode. The residence includes the main house, a small caretaker's cabin, and a separate writing studio, as well as 27 acres (110,000 m2) of woodland. The Strodes bequeathed their residence to the University of Alabama's Department of English. The property is located at 49 Cherokee Drive, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
The home was designated a historic landmark by the Alabama Historical Association in 1987. These days, it is usually occupied by the director of the Hudson Strode Program in Renaissance Studies. In the past, it was assigned to notable visiting faculty.
- "Historical Markers: Home of Hudson & Therese Strode". Alabama Department of Archives and History. 2008-02-27.
- "Facilities and Services". University of Alabama. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- "Strode Cabin Occupant/Strode Grounds Overseer". Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- Jones, J.R. (2003-11-14). "Out of the Wreckage". Chicago Reader. Retrieved 2009-06-02.
- Bailey, Blake (2004). A Tragic Honesty: The Life and Work of Richard Yates. Macmillan. p. 576–77. ISBN 978-0-312-42375-9.