|Mayor of Silverton, Oregon|
|Preceded by||Ken Hector|
|Born||1948 (age 64–65)
Silverton, Oregon, United States
Stu Rasmussen (born 1948) is an American politician. He became the nation's first openly transgender mayor when he was elected as the mayor of Silverton, Oregon in November 2008. He had previously been elected twice in the 1990s as mayor of this Willamette Valley community, before coming out as transgender. He was also three times a member of the city council. He is biologically male and still mainly identifies as a man, but has breast implants and dresses as a woman. He sometimes goes by the name Carla Fong.
- Stu Rasmussen. "Reality Check". Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- "Oregon town elects nation's first transgender mayor". Associated Press. Nov 8, 2008. Retrieved December 19, 2011.
- Question, Big (November 9, 2008). "US election diary: The sex change we can all believe in - Americas, World - The Independent". London: Independent.co.uk. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- Friar, Cathryn. "Stu Rasmussen is Transgendered Mayor » Right Pundits". Rightpundits.com. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- Ng, David (November 29, 2012). "New musical about transgender mayor heading to Intiman Theatre". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved April 17, 2013.
- Misha Berson, ‘Stu for Silverton’ sings about small-town tolerance, Seattle Times, 2013-07-23, modified 2013-07-24, accessed 2013-08-15.
- Misha Berson, Meet the real Stu from musical ‘Stu for Silverton’, Seattle Times, 2013-07-23, accessed 2013-08-15.
- "City of Silverton, OR > Government > City Council". Webservices.orcities.org. Retrieved 2008-12-09.
- Stu Rasmussen for Mayor
- Stu Rasmussen in the Oregon Encyclopedia
- WNYC Radiolab segment on Stu Rasmussen
- Interview with Stu Rasmussen About Being a Transgender Politician
|This article about a mayor in Oregon is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|