|Style Savvy (NA)
Nintendo presents: Style Boutique (PAL)
Style Savvy, known in the PAL region as Nintendo presents: Style Boutique and in Japan as Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode (わがままファッション ガールズモード?), is a fashion video game developed by syn Sophia and published by Nintendo. It was released for the Nintendo DS on October 23, 2008 in Japan, on October 23, 2009 in Europe, and November 2, 2009 in North America. The game is followed up by a sequel for the Nintendo 3DS called Style Savvy: Trendsetters.
Style Savvy is played by holding the DS sideways, and the game utilizes the clock and date settings on the system. There are 8 locations where the player can buy clothes, accessories, change hair styles, change outfits, and work on their shop by managing items, making ads, and more. In the contest they can compete and stand a chance to win a rare item.
Using the DS Wireless play, players can also visit other players' shops, trade flyers after the Ads and Flyers option is unlocked, or take part in the contest with up to 3 players. The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection allow players to open their own shop and let other people visit it. They can even download items that are not available during gameplay.
The game contains 8+ locations, which the player can visit for various things.
MY APARTMENT: The user's apartment where clothes, hair and make-up can be changed. It's also possible to edit their profile information.
MY SHOP: The shop that the user owns and where the clothing bought in the exhibition hall is sold.
STRATA: Grace's shop, where you work for Grace as an intern at the beginning of the game. After moving to a store of their own, players can still visit Strata for advice.
DIDI'S HAIR SALON: New hair styles and colors can be picked from a catalog. There are magazines to read as well.
OLIVIA'S BEAUTICIAN: Users can buy make-up for the player character, i.e. mascara, eyeshadow, colored contact lenses and lipstick.
CONTEST HALL: Where the player will enter various contests belonging to a specific rank and earn prizes from the rare brand Masquerade. Roccoco hosts all the fashion contests where the player will compete with other shop owners. Special mentions are given to the runner-up. In Platinum Contest players will verse Grace from Strata. Wireless contests can be held here as well.
Beginner Cowgirl Outfit - Hat, Jacket, Skirt, Scarf, Boots
Bronze Cat Outfit - Ears, Pannier Skirt, Cat Shirt, Cat Paws, Cat feet
Silver Maid Outfit - Blouse, Head-dress, Skirt
Gold Alice Outfit - Pannier Skirt, Blouse, Alice Bow (The Alice Bow only available from the exhibition store)
Platinum Princess Outfit - Rose Princess Shirt, Skirt, Shoes, Tiara
NATURE OF A MAN TIER Outfits may vary on month and season, such as the Ninja Girl Outfit and Magic Girl Outfit. The player also receives a crown for her character, symbolizing that she is the Queen of the Fashion World.
DOMINIC'S MANSION: Upgrades for the shop are available at the mansion. Eunice, Godfrey and Dominic are there to assist the player.
BUYERS CENTER: The shop stock can be bought from different brands. Each day a different special offer is sold by a brand as a one-off. Sunday is a preview event day, where stock from the next season can be bought. The stock is only delivered to the player's shop after Sunday. ALVARADO - frequent in the morning AZ-USA - frequent at noon APRIL BONBON - frequent mostly all hours CAPSULE - frequent late nights consist of fashions from the 1970 time period PENBRIDGE - frequent at late afternoon DAZIES - frequent mostly all hours GXS - not very frequent MARBLE LILY - frequent mornings and late pm consist of pretty lolita styles RAVEN CANDLE - not very frequent consist of gothic lolita styles PURE CLOTH - day depending TERRA - frequent morning SONATA - frequent on Mondays MASQUERADE - RARE - FREQUENT 1 DAY A WEEK consists of costumes
- Dominic - The owner of the character's shop. He is the only male character along with Godfrey. He is rich and is able to upgrade the player's shop.
- Grace - Is the players employer at the start of the game and work with her in Dominic's shop ("Strata"). Once the player owns their own boutique she is able to give you advice.
- Renee - An employee at the start of the game in Strata, she later works in the player's boutique.
- Libby - Photographer/paparazzi. She'll take pictures of your character after winning a fashion contest or when on an outing.
- Roccoco - At the top of the fashion ladder, she also hosts the fashion contests
- Felicity - Editor of the nuances magazine. Interviews your character when you win a fashion contest (only once a month).
- Eunice - Dominic's maid. She will visit your shop if you wear the exact clothes she does.
- Didi - Owns the hair salon and is able to change your character's hair. Will visit your shop and wear the outfit in her salon.
- Olivia - Owns the beauty salon. You can buy makeup and get your eyebrows changed. Will visit your shop and wear the outfit in her salon.
- "わがままファッション ガールズモード" [Wagamama Fashion: Girls Mode] (in Japanese). syn Sophia. Retrieved 8 November 2009.
- "In shops now: Nintendo presents: Style Boutique". Nintendo of Europe. 23 October 2009. Retrieved 8 November 2009.
- "New Nintendo DS Game Helps You Put Some Style in Your Stylus". Nintendo of America. 2 November 2009. Retrieved 8 November 2009.