November 4, 1986 |
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Suhas Gopinath (born November 4, 1986 in Bangalore) is an Indian entrepreneur. He is the founder, CEO and Chairman of Global INC., an IT multinational company. He took charge as CEO at the age of 17, three years after founding the company, and at the time, was named world's youngest CEO.
Gopinath is recipient of the Rajyotsava award, Young Achiever and Young Global Leader award.
Gopinath was born in Bangalore in the Indian state of Karnataka to his father, a defense scientist and mother, a housewife. He taught himself to make websites with the help of books and made his one as, www.coolhindustan.com, at the age of 14, and incorporated his company Globel INC., the same year in 2000. He become CEO of his multinational company at the age of 17. He was thought to be, for a time, the youngest CEO of a company.
- On December 2, 2007, The European Parliament and International Association for Human Values conferred "Young Achiever Award" on Gopinath at the European Parliament, Brussels.
- In November 2008, he was invited to represent the World Bank's ICT Leadership Roundtable for adopting ICT in Africa to increase employability and fostering ICT skills in students from these countries.
- He was announced as "Young Global Leader" for 2008–2009 by the World Economic Forum, Davos. In that position he would be involved in development programs across the world. He holds a diploma on global leadership and public policy from the Harvard Kennedy School at Harvard University.
- "Globals CEO Suhas Gopinath plans to list company in 2015". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Suhas Gopinath". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Indian teen at gates of success". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Suhas Gopinath, CEO at 17". Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- "Teenager hopes his firm will become another Microsoft". The Sydney Morning Herald. 2003-11-10. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "List that outgrew Hanuman's tail". The Times of India. 2005-11-01. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Suhas Gopinath, Youngest CEO". PETADishoom.com. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "Young Achiever Award". EICC. 2007-12-04. Retrieved 2008-03-18.[dead link]
- "Youth with a Mission". City News-Singapore. 2009-10-13. Retrieved 2009-10-25.
- "Young Global Leaders 2008". World Economic Forum. 2008-03-11. Retrieved 2008-03-18.