1974 (age 40–41)
Ballsbridge, Dublin, Ireland
|Education||University College Dublin
University College Galway
|Notable credit(s)||TV3 News
The Morning Show with Sybil & Martin
|Spouse(s)||John Prendeville (2004-present)|
Born in Ballsbridge, Dublin, Mulcahy was educated locally before being conferred with a Bachelor of Arts from University College Dublin. She subsequently attended University College Galway where she studied communications. She has also completed a marketing diploma.
She began her broadcasting career in San Diego in the mid-1990s, where she worked on the Education Channel as a reporter and editor in a CBS affiliate. She returned to Ireland in 1999 where she joined TV3. She worked with the station's news division and spent several years as entertainment reporter. In 2007 Mulcahy joined TV3's entertainment show Xposé as a reporter. She spent two years with that programme before leaving in 2009 to co-present The Morning Show with Martin King.
Mulcahy gave birth to her third child Michael on 06 April 2012 in Holles Street,she will return to Tv3 in late October 2012.
- "The Morning Show". TV3. Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- "TV3 aims for morning magic with new chat show couple". Irish Independent. 9 April 2009. Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- "Wedding Memories". Wedding Journal. Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- "Third baby will be my last, insists TV3's Sybil". Evening Herald. 28 October 2011. Retrieved 27 December 2011.
- "TV3 presenter Sybil Mulcahy will take redundancy from the broadcaster". evoke.ie. 3 February 2015.
- "After 16 years at TV3, I'm ready to take on RTE and UTV, says Sybil Mulcahy". evoke.ie. 4 February 2015.