||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (July 2012)|
The T-98 Kombat is a wheeled armoured vehicle built by Kombat Armouring, a subsidiary of Laura Group, in St. Petersburg, Russia. The Kombat is one of the fastest armored off-road vehicles in the world with a top speed of 180 km/h.
- The “VIP” has no frame and has a monocoque double steel body. The highest protection level uses a composite armor of ceramic between steel layers. VIP Combats have many options, including natural leather and wood in the interior.
- The “Utility” is designed for special operations missions.
The armored body is based on a "metal-ceramic sandwich with cellular filler" technology. The monocoque body provides protection against mine blasts.
It is driven by a 340 hp V8, which gives the lightest T-98 a top speed of 111 mph (180 km/h), making it one of the fastest all-terrain armoured vehicles in the world. The T-98 contains satellite navigation, a flat-screen television which can play DVD, climate control, and an interior containing a mix of leather and wood. All running gear and electronics are provided by General Motors. Kombat Armouring claims that the most highly armoured T-98 will protect occupants from bullets up to 12.7 mm, shotguns, mines and ramming.
Prices start at around US$138,000 for the standard luxury vehicle with the basic level of protection which includes specifically being able to stop a .357 Magnum. The next level is Hi Pro, which will stop bullets from 7.62 mm Kalashnikovs and costs US$168,000, with the third tier costing US$217,000 and the full-on highest B7-level of armoured protection costing US$247,000 before further optional extras are added.
These prices are all based on the utility version with a 400 bhp (300 kW) GM Vortec 8100 V8 engine, though any performance level required can be fitted, with the 320 bhp (240 kW) Duramax diesel V8 for an additional US$7,200, or the 550 bhp (410 kW) Vortec engine for an extra US$14,400. The passenger wagon costs an extra US$6,000 over the utility, and the long-wheelbase version (wheelbase 3630 mm) is an extra US$11,500.
||This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (February 2012)|
- VORTEC 8100 V8 with 340 hp@ 4200 rpm producing 455 foot-pounds force (617 N·m) of torque @ 3200 rpm
- DURAMAX Turbo Diesel 6600 V8 with 300 hp@ 3100 rpm producing 520 pounds of torque @ 1800 rpm
Ground Clearance: 300 mm Track Width: 1760 mm
Transmission: Allison 1000 5-speed automatic
Transfer Case: AUTOTRAC 4WD 2- speed
Fuel Capacity: 140 L (36 gal)
Electrical: one or two 12-volt, 105 amp alternators
Top Speed: 180 km/h (111 mph) (340 hp version)
- Independent front suspension with torsion bars and stabilizer bar
- Rear suspension with two stage multileaf springs
- Rear locking differential
- high mobility armored vehicle - 5-door station wagon
- armored troop carrier - 3-door panel truck
- fast attack vehicle - 4-door pickup truck
- infantry vehicle for special operations - 2-door pickup truck
- Vehicle-mounted 23 mm autocannon
- 14.5 mm machine gun (KPVT)
- 12.7mm machine gun (KORD)
- 55 mm small-sized remotely controlled smoke grenade launching system
In popular culture
- The T-98 Kombat appears in the upcoming action movie The November Man.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to T-98 Kombat.|