|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2011)|
TV Heaven is a series of 13 theme nights shown on Channel 4 in early 1992, celebrating the best of archive British television. Twelve of the evenings each focused on programmes from a particular year from the 60s or 70s, with one evening focussing on programmes from the 50s.
Each evening featured three, four or five complete programmes, most of which were originally shown on ITV and which were repeated with their idents intact.
Several short features bookended the programmes; Opening Shots was a compilation of title sequences from the year concerned, A Choice of Viewing was a montage of clips from other programmes, and Where Were They Then? showcased a clip of a subsequently famous person early in their career. A selection of advertisements were shown; these would have been screened in the year in focus, but some did not necessarily originate from the years to which they were attributed, although most did.
The programmes and clips were linked by Frank Muir and the links between programmes produced by Illuminations Productions for Channel 4.
The complete programmes shown were as follows:
8 February 1992 - 1967:
15 February 1992 - 1963:
- The Avengers - "Gilded Cage"
22 February 1992 - 1974:
- Thick as Thieves - "The Homecoming"
29 February 1992 - 1965:
- The Saint - "The Scorpion"
- The Human Jungle - "Struggle for a Mind"
- Tempo - "A Tale of Two Talents"
7 March 1992 - 1971:
- Upstairs, Downstairs - "On Trial" (colour version)
- The Persuaders - "Overture"
14 March 1992 - 1978:
- Edward and Mrs. Simpson - "The Abdication"
21 March 1992 - 1970:
- Manhunt - "Intent to Steal"
28 March 1992 - 1960:
- Police Surgeon - "Easy Money"
4 April 1992 - 1969:
- Galton and Simpson Comedy - "An Extra Bunch of Daffodils"
- Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) - "My Late Lamented Friend and Partner"
11 April 1992 - 1976:
- The Fosters - "God's Business is Good Business"
- Bouquet of Barbed Wire - "Repercussions"
18 April 1992 - 1950s:
- Oh Boy! (the last original edition from 1959)
- The Bob Monkhouse Hour (1959)
- The Adventures of Robin Hood - "The Moneylender" (1955)
- Dial 999 - "The Killing Job" (1957)
25 April 1992 - 1966:
- George and the Dragon - "George Meets the Dragon"
- Danger Man - "The Paper Chase"
2 May 1992 - 1968:
- Do Not Adjust Your Set (with Eric Idle, Michael Palin, Terry Jones, David Jason, The Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band)