|WikiProject Baseball / Yankees||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Musical Theatre||(Rated Start-class)|
A Most Confusing Article
The article contains information about the stage musical. Plus there is a mention of the tv movie. The info box is for the movie, but there is no information at all about the movie in this article. I searched for another article that might exist for the movie, under both "Damn Yankees (film)" and "Damn Yankees (movie)", but found nothing.
For the time being, I propose to:
- put in a new info box for the stage musical
- rewrite the article a bit to conform to the accepted article structure for Musicals (stage)
- add some appropriate material, if it exists, on the history/background of the musical
- put in a separate section on the movie and tv movie, using the image from the film info box.
A split of the movie and film sections can also be done, but I'd like to get this ship-shape first.
I can start this on July 12, unless someone has some time on their hands, or unless someone doesn't think this is a sensible plan.
(By the way, although I don't care to get involved in process, and I'm not a member of the group so I am aware that I have no say in the matter, but this article seems pretty much of a "stub" class to me--for the theatre part, that is.)
JeanColumbia 19:09, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hello, Jean. As usual, I completely agree with your plan. The only things I don't agree with are 1. Yes, you ARE a member of the group! It makes me LOL that you think you aren't -- You've been working hard on musical theatre articles for a long time and have made as much of a contribution to the articles as anyone on Wikipedia; 2. I don't think it's a stub because it has a plot section (although it obviously needs expansion), a little production info, characters, an awards section and a beginning at some other things. With a musicals infobox, I think it will be a very solid "start", but of course it needs all the improvements that you discussed above. I added a few links that I hope will help you. -- Ssilvers 22:33, 10 July 2007 (UTC)
(Thanks for your kind words --I only meant that I'm not a member of the Musicals Project :))
I had a few moments so I started. The references, links, and a bit of movie section are already there--nice. I couldn't figure out what to do with the nice movie info box, so I did not put in the musicals info box just yet; the computer is off and so am I.JeanColumbia 09:12, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- I made room for the musicals infobox. Please fix what I put in - I don't know anything about infoboxes. I hope you can get around to splitting off the film article soon, because I'm snowed under right now. Best regards, -- Ssilvers 03:39, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
A Broadway musical is currently playing from July 5 to July 27 2008 with Sean Hayes (Will & Grace), Jane Krakowski (Ally McBeal, 30 Rock), Cheyenne Jackson (from the musical Xanadu), and Randy Graff at New York City Center. See more information at this link: http://www.citycenter.org/news/index.aspx#0 —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:10, 5 July 2008 (UTC)
...is started. The musicals info box looks fine, will look for an image later today, and wil do the necessary link redirecting. I'll also see if I can find some history on this musical.JeanColumbia 09:48, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hey, Jean. I thought you said this article was a stub? LOL! -- Ssilvers 20:45, 12 July 2007 (UTC)
Emphasis on revival
I don't understand why the article's listing of songs is based on the 1994 revival. Wouldn't it better to to list the original, and then mark changes in either notation or a separate listing? 220.127.116.11 (talk) 06:00, 14 June 2010 (UTC)