Talk:Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Plot and "mink"
- 2 Restored content (kontent?)
- 3 Recent edits
- 4 Critical reaction and performance
- 5 Chinese cut
- 6 Fair use rationale for Image:Mileena movie2 2.jpg
- 7 Shooting locations
- 8 WTF?!?!?!?MICHEAL AUGUST?!?!?!?!?
- 9 oren Uziel
- 10 MK: Devastation IMDB
- 11 Gametrailers
- 12 Removing Rebirth from Sequel section
Plot and "mink"
How has nobody noticed that the plot outline sucks? its written as an exact account of what each character does (liu kang kicks this guy, who falls over, but its ok because he then gets up and throws a punch etc) its unreadable. Oh and referring to the director christopher morrison guy as mink liek this is common knowledge. I've never heard of the guy before, let alone knowing him as personally as saying "mink said this, mink said that" clean it up guys, pretty much this whole article sucks. Dark_Wounds 15:17, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
Restored content (kontent?)
I reverted a recent edit by 184.108.40.206. In it, he stated that the film's canon is different from the game's, which is true. However, he mentions the X-Men flicks as a comparison. With that in mind, I'm restoring the section (although I am trimming it some); X3 has a similar section at Comparison with the comics. With that in mind, I've renamed the section Deviations from game canon and trimmed the items that didn't really fit. EVula 15:26, 7 July 2006 (UTC)
- Fair enough. It was the portrayal of deviantions as akin to plot holes that didn't seem to fit. --220.127.116.11 13:36, 9 July 2006 (UTC)
Good gravy? Somebody totally peed on the Critical reaction section. There wasn't anything wrong with it, so why was it edited. I've changed stuff around and eliminated some redundant info. One reason why I think these changes were needed, as funny as you find the tag-line Destroy all expectations! mentioning it in the article does not enhance the quality of it. I also found things like continuity errors (Johnny's glasses) rather irrelevant and am planning to remove the Inconsitencies to Canon section soon. Any little continuity errors should be left at IMDb.--HannuMakinen 10:09, 6 August 2006 (UTC)
Critical reaction and performance
Some people have seemed to take an offence to the way this section was worded so I took the liberty of cutting down on the proverbial weasel-words and hope that this section now appears more wiki-worthy. Just to remind people, no matter how you slice it, the movie was not a big success, it was't very beloved and neither of those facts have changed. This section was originated by me, specifically to answer why all of these things happened, but I'm not trying to defend this film in any way, I merely want it to have an appropriate entry in Wikipedia, just like every other film that has a page here. -TheHande 13:46, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
- You've done a good job removing all the weasel words, but the entire section is still rife with unsourced claims. I've flagged the numerous instances.
- Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying it wasn't a shitty movie. It was. But we need to cite our claims. Take a look at what I did for Mortal Kombat: Devastation; every rumor and every claim is backed up by a source. Ideally, every article would be like that (although that's more of a pipe dream than an immediate plan). I'll see what I can about providing sources for some of the claims. EVula 17:35, 17 September 2006 (UTC)
I just realized today that the film is no longer on IMDb's bottom 100, though I'm sure it was there for a while. I removed the reference from Critical Reactions section. -TheHande 06:26, 23 September 2006 (UTC)
What the heck. This probably is one of the worst movies ever made. HAHA! I didn't even know it had a cinema release. WTF! It pales in comparison to bad B-movies. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 13:05, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
I heard rumors of a cut of this film available in asia. It supposedly adds tons of unused footage. Someone should write this up if they have the info. I seen a pic of the alternate ending where Quan Chi and Shinnok are talking online somewhere. If someone has that pic it could supplement the addition. --Iamstillhiro1112 21:06, 8 January 2007 (UTC)
- Based on what I've seen on the trivia section the existance of such footage is currently disputed with no existing source for it. If you find a source that's fine, but I myself am extremely skeptical towards the existance of such a cut. -TheHande 12:46, 8 March 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:Mileena movie2 2.jpg
Image:Mileena movie2 2.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.BetacommandBot 04:25, 6 June 2007 (UTC)
Is imdb messing with everyone?
Who is Oren Uziel?
I looked up google, nothing.
MK: Devastation IMDB
On the page, the release date says 2013. Is this true?
- Don't count on it. The world may end first before it gets released, and IMDb is known for posting bogus information. In regards to the news about how WB has hired this Oren Uziel guy to write the script, how, then, can Linden Ashby and Chris Casamassa have read it and return for their roles when the damned thing (supposedly) wasn't even written until January of this year? Hell, Casamassa even said that filming would commence last September, which ultimately proved untrue, because you don't film a movie without a script in place (something the Annihilation brain trust was unaware of), Therefore, I'm removing their quotes from the main article, and any rumors - sourced or not - will be removed, because we've been fed nothing but BS about the development of MK3 for the past ten years. sixtynine • spill it • 20:46, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
- I don't like posting self-published material but I met Ashby last December, and he said the two scripts he was presented were bad scripts. (One of them was even written by Kasanoff, oh dear!). I think he turned them both down, and now Uziel is writing it so I have no idea on his verdict on that one. I think you can take out Casamassa and Ashby from the list, but per Uziel being recent information, I think that's the only information of merit. Sincerely Subzerosmokerain (talk) 23:26, 8 March 2010 (UTC)
Please leave on the section about Gametrailers I added. They're an authoritative source of information regarding anything relating to video games. Leave on the quote too. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Bjnboy (talk • contribs) 14:08, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
- Does a reference exist so it follows WP:V, I had difficulty finding one for it. Sincerely Subzerosmokerain (talk) 20:39, 23 April 2010 (UTC)
The GameTrailers quote has once again been removed. There is plenty of criticism from established sources therein and to throw in silly fanboyish comments about the movie from a gaming website makes no sense. Remarks like "Cage's agent told him to kill him off" and the like are nonsensical and add nothing to the section. sixtynine • spill it • 03:32, 24 April 2010 (UTC)
Removing Rebirth from Sequel section
I think the part about Rebirth should be removed from the sequel section, as the short film is neither a sequel, nor even a prequel related to this or even the first film. They are all completely unrelated. U2hmtmkmkm (talk) 15:48, 1 October 2011 (UTC)