From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|WikiProject Computing / Software||(Rated Stub-class)|
For anyone who picks this up, a few possible ideas for expansion might be:
- History - When was it started? Why was it started?
- People - Who are the people involved in the project?
- Where is it used, and how widespread is it? (Sourceforge might be the largest entity using it)
- Language - Why was python used, over any other language (the ViewCVS web page has a fairly negative quote regarding perl)
- Details of the two main components: the repository viewer and the commit database.
- Compare and contrast with CvsWeb, a similar tool
- Compare and contrast with command line CVS tools
--TheParanoidOne 05:06, 25 May 2005 (UTC)