Tatiana Santo Domingo
|Born||Tatiana Santo Domingo Rechulski
24 November 1983
New York City, New York, U.S.
|Alma mater||American University of London|
|Parents||Julio Mario Santo Domingo, Jr.
Tatiana Santo Domingo Rechulski (born 24 November 1983) is an heiress and socialite married to Andrea Casiraghi, the eldest son of the Princess of Hanover and second in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne. She is the daughter of the Colombian businessman Julio Mario Santo Domingo, Jr. and Brazilian socialite Vera Rechulski. Santo Domingo's first child, a son named Alexander, or Sasha, was born on 21 March 2013.
Early life and education
Tatiana Santo Domingo Rechulski was born on 24 November 1983 in New York and raised in Geneva, Switzerland, and Paris, France. Her father Julio Mario Santo Domingo, Jr. is the son of Julio Mario Santo Domingo, who was cited as the second richest man in Colombia by Forbes in 2011. Her mother Vera Rechulski is a former Brazilian socialite from São Paulo, who has a boutique in Paris that sells Indian antiques. Tatiana Santo Domingo has a younger brother, Julio Mario Santo Domingo III, born in 1985. She spent her childhood in Switzerland.
In 2011, Santo Domingo launched, in partnership with Dana Alikhani, the fashion venture Muzungu Sisters, which focuses on ethical business practices that allow them support local artisans, buy handmade garments at a fair price and then sell them. Their brand has been supported by other socialites, such as Eugenie Niarchos, Margherita Missoni and Gaia Repossi.
Santo Domingo supports several charity organizations, most notably the Motrice Foundation, which funds research into cerebral palsy and which her husband Andrea Casiraghi also supports. In August 2006 she and Casiraghi paid a visit to Manila on behalf of a joint venture of the World Association of Children's Friends and the Virlanie Foundation.
Personal and media life
In July 2012, Princess Caroline released a statement announcing that Andrea Casiraghi and Tatiana Santo Domingo became engaged after a seven–year relationship. Prior to their wedding, she had already accompanied Casiraghi at some of most important social events in Monaco, such as the Rose Ball, the enthronement of Prince Albert II, the Monaco Grand Prix and the wedding of Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock.
On 6 November, Santo Domingo announced to La Voz Libre that she was expecting a baby. She gave birth to a boy, Sasha Casiraghi, on 21 March 2013. Casiraghi and Santo Domingo married on 31 August 2013. Their son therefore occupies the third position in the line of succession to the Monegasque throne.
Santo Domingo is known for her unique fashion sense, which varies from an elegant style to a vintage, boho-chic, hippie one. She cites Loulou de la Falaise as her style idol. She is close friends with socialites such as Charlotte Casiraghi, Eugenie Niarchos, Gaia Repossi, Dana Alikhani, and Teresa and Margherita Missoni.
- "Tatiana Santo Domingo gives birth to a baby boy". Hello. 22 March 2013. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "The World's Billionaires: Who's Making Money Right Now". Forbes. 24 April 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "The Santo Domingos: A portrait of a Latin American dynasty – Vera Rechulski". Univision Noticias. 13 October 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "The new wave of It European Girls". Hello. 16 November 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "The Santo Domingos: A portrait of a Latin American dynasty – Tatiana Santo Domingo". Univision Noticias. 13 October 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Andrea Casiraghi supports the Fondation Motrice". La Fondation Motrice. 2007. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Andrea Casiraghi sigue los pasos de su madre en las labores humanitarias". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). 24 August 2006. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Carolina de Mónaco: 'Tengo la alegría de anunciar el enlace de mi hijo mayor, Andrea Casiraghi, y Tatiana Santo Domingo'". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). 4 July 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Monaco Rose Ball, Moroccan Style". The Royal Forums. 31 March 2010. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Monaco Royals at the F1 Grand Prix". Royalty in the News. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "La familia real de Mónaco, anfitriona de los invitados de la realeza en la esperada boda del principado". ¡Hola! (in Spanish). 2 July 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Caroline di Monaco, nonna meraviglia a Saint Tropez". Oggi. Retrieved 26 August 2013.
- Cardinale, Stephanie (September 2010). "The 2010 International Best-Dressed List – Tatiana Santo Domingo". Vanity Fair. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Charlotte loves Chanel: Monaco royal takes a front row seat at Paris Fashion Week". Hello. 6 July 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- "Fashion elite flock to Margherita Missoni's gypsy-inspired wedding". Hello. 25 June 2011. Retrieved 4 July 2012.
- Official Website of the Muzungu Sisters