|Headquarters||The Commonwealth of the Bahamas|
|Key people||Joe Lewis,Christopher Anand, Shehan Dissanayake, Mario Espinosa, Daniel Levy, Vivienne Lewis, Richard McGuire, Douglas McMahon, Ron Robson, Rasesh Thakkar, Jefferson Voss, Tom Youth|
|Products||Diversified Private Investments|
Tavistock Group is an international private investment organization founded by Joe Lewis more than 35 years ago. The company is headquartered in the offshore financial centre of The Commonwealth of The Bahamas and has offices in Argentina, China, Mexico, the United States, United Kingdom, Luxembourg, Romania, Sweden, Norway, Poland, Bulgaria.
With investments in more than 200 companies across 15 countries, Tavistock Group’s investment portfolio includes:
- Sports & Media: Tottenham Hotspur, and organises sporting events such as the Tavistock Cup and the "Isleworth Collegiate Invitational". SportingWins, Timeweave Plc.
- Restaurants: Freebirds World Burrito, Abe & Louie's, Mitchells & Butlers plc
- Master Planned Communities: "Lake Nona, Orlando, Florida", "Lake Nona Medical City, Orlando, Florida"
- Resort properties: Lake Nona Golf & Country Club, Albany, New Providence, Harmony Cove Jamaica, St. Regis Atlanta, Isleworth Golf & Country Club.
- Life sciences: Kalypsys, and Ambrx
- Oil, gas and energy: American Renewables, BayCorp, NEO Energy USA, Pampa Energia, Transener.
- Distribution & Logistics: TopOutlet, Microdyn, Bulgarian Property Development, Condici, Gottex, TATCo., TYR
- Agriculture: Australian Agricultural Company Limited, Lago Escondido, Poland Land Co.
- Finance: 25 Capital Partners, MP Bank, RoundPoint
Master Planned Communities
Lake Nona, Orlando, Florida
In addition, it is the developer of master-planned real estate such as Lake Nona, a multi-faceted, 7,000-acre mixed-use development in southeast Orlando designed as a large-scale community offering education, medical and recreational facilities, a life sciences cluster, diverse workspaces, and a range of residential options. The centerpiece of the community is Lake Nona Medical City, which includes the University of Central Florida College of Medicine and the Sanford-Burnham Medical Research Institute, the University of Florida Academic and Research Center, Nemours Children’s Hospital and the Orlando Veterans Affairs Medical Center (opening in 2013).
Opened in October 2011, Lake Nona’s newest neighborhood, Laureate Park, was built beside Lake Nona Medical City and offers energy-efficient living and distinctive technology not found anywhere in the market. Lake Nona is developing more than 5 million square feet of commercial space for businesses, shops, restaurants and offices as well as a major open-air town center that will offer the best in retail, restaurants and entertainment.
Other luxury resort properties include Albany on the island of New Providence in The Bahamas. Tavistock Group, Tiger Woods and Ernie Els opened the luxury beach resort community in October 2010. Albany features a broad array of amenities, including an Els-designed 18-hole championship golf course and a 71-slip mega-yacht marina flanked by luxury residences designed by noted architects, including the late Charles Gwathmey, Robert A.M. Stern, Robert Siegel, Richard Sammons, Scott Merrill, Morris Adjmi and Geoffrey Mouen.
Resort properties & Private Clubs
St. Regis Atlanta
Last year, Tavistock Group bought the St. Regis Atlanta, a 26-floor development with 151 guest rooms and suites and 53 residences located in Atlanta's Buckhead community.
Harmony Cove, Jamaica
Tavistock Group has partnered with the Jamaican Government’s Harmonization Ltd. to jointly plan and develop 2,350 oceanfront acres the country’s northern coast into Harmony Cove, a new resort destination category for Jamaica. Harmony Cove is situated 30 minutes from Montego Bay and Ocho Rios in Trelawny Parish and will offer luxury accommodations, championship golf courses, a casino and an assortment of shopping and dining choices.
- "Overview," Tavistock website (Retrieved 21-04-2013).
- "Portfolio," Tavistock (Retrieved 21-04-2013)
- "Medical City Is Changing Florida's DNA". Florida Trend. 2009-10-01.
- "Healthy Houses". Orlando Business Journal. 2012-01-20.
- "Albany Bahamas | a luxury resort community." Albany Bahamas. Retrieved on September 25, 2011.