July 15, 1981 |
Lancaster, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Lancaster Mennonite School|
|Alma mater||West Virginia University|
|Home town||Neffsville, Pennsylvania, U.S.|
Taylor Kinney (born July 15, 1981) is an American actor and model. He is best known for his roles as U.S. Navy SEAL Jared in Zero Dark Thirty and Lieutenant Kelly Severide in Chicago Fire and Chicago PD.
Early life and education
Kinney was born in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and raised in Neffsville, Pennsylvania with his three brothers, Adam, Ryan, and Trent by single mother Pamela (née Heisler) who works as a dental hygienist. He has Irish ancestry. In 2000, he graduated from Lancaster Mennonite School. Kinney also studied Business Management West Virginia University in Morgantown, West Virginia. He left college during his junior year and moved to Hawaii, where he worked as a carpenter before landing his first major role on the short-lived American telenovela "Fashion House" (MyNetworkTV, 2006) opposite Bo Derek and Morgan Fairchild.
Kinney bounced back in a big way with a recurring role on the hit supernatural drama "The Vampire Diaries," joining the cast during season two as Mason Lockwood, a former resident of Mystic Falls who returns home after being gone for seven years to deal with his brother's death. It was later revealed that Mason was a werewolf with superhuman strength. The character was eventually killed by resident bad boy vamp, Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder), but briefly returned for the third season as a ghost out for redemption. His appearance on "The Vampire Diaries" led to a number of opportunities for the handsome and charming actor, including a guest role on the dysfunctional family series "Shameless" (Showtime, 2011- ) as a love interest for Emmy Rossum's misunderstood Fiona. In real life, Kinney was linked to pop star Lady Gaga, whom he reportedly began dating in 2011 after meeting on the set of the "You and I" music video. After several years as a supporting player, Kinney landed a starring role in 2012 on "Chicago Fire," a drama series that followed the lives of Windy City firefighters and paramedics. Kinney played Lieutenant Kelly Severide, a strong and flirtatious firefighter opposite Jesse Spencer's more reserved and commanding Lieutenant Matthew Casey. That same year, Kinney also appeared on the big screen in Kathryn Bigelow's acclaimed war drama "Zero Dark Thirty" as one of the Navy SEALS who took down Osama bin Laden.
In 2011, Kinney was featured in Lady Gaga's music video for the song "You and I". In 2012, he guest starred on Shameless as Craig, the former high school crush of the lead character Fiona (played by Emmy Rossum).
Kinney's brother Ryan died prior to September 7, 2008. Since July 2011, he has been dating Lady Gaga. They first met while working on the music video for her song "You and I" and began dating soon afterwards.
|2007||Furnace (film)||Bill Jamison|
|2010||Scorpio Men on Prozac||May's Lover|
|2011||Prodigal||Brad Searcy||Short film|
|2012||Least Among Saints||Jesse|
|2012||Stars in Shorts||Brad Searcy|
|2012||Zero Dark Thirty||Jared|
|2014||The Other Woman||Phil|
|2015||Rock the Kasbah||Post-production|
|2006||Fashion House||Luke Gianni||Main Cast
|2007||What About Brian||Jared||1 episode: "What About Secret Lovers..."|
|2008||Bones||Jimmy Fields||1 episode: "Player Under Pressure"|
|2009–2010||Trauma||Glenn Morrison||Main Cast
|2010–2011||Vampire Diaries, TheThe Vampire Diaries||Mason Lockwood||Recurring (Seasons 2–3)
|2011||A Mann's World||France||Television film|
|2011||CSI: NY||Jason Locke||1 episode: "Identity Crisis"|
|2011||Rizzoli & Isles||Jesse Wade||1 episode: "Don't Hate the Player"|
|2012||Dating Rules from My Future Self||Dave||Main Cast|
|2012||Shameless||Craig Heisner||2 episodes: "I'll Light a Candle for You Every Day", "A Beautiful Mess"|
|2012||Castle||Darren Thomas||1 episode: "Once Upon a Crime"|
|2012||Breakout Kings||Perry||1 episode: "SEALd Fate"|
|2012–present||Chicago Fire||Lieutenant Kelly Severide||Main Role|
|2014||Chicago PD||Lieutenant Kelly Severide||Recurring Role|
|2011||Yoü and I||Love Interest|
- "Taylor Kinney is a 'lucky guy' to be with Lady Gaga". Contactmusic.com. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- "Charles R Heisler (1930–2008)". Find a Grave. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- "Joanne F Fritz Heisler (1929–2011)". Find a Grave. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- Germanotta, Stefani (March 17, 2014). "Happy St Patricks day". Twitter. Retrieved April 25, 2014. "my bf is Irish forgive me"
- "Lady Gaga blends in during visit to Lancaster County". LancasterOnline.com. March 28, 2013. Retrieved July 24, 2013.
- "Actor Taylor Kinney heats up 'Chicago Fire'". USA Today. Gannett Company. October 10, 2012. Retrieved March 29, 2014.
- Keck, William (July 10, 2010). "Keck's Exclusives! Vampire Diaries Casts Mason Lockwood". TV Guide. Retrieved July 12, 2010.
- "Lady Gaga goes public with romance". The Belfast Telegraph. December 29, 2011. Retrieved January 6, 2012.
- Bentley, Jean (January 6, 2012). "'Shameless': Emmy Rossum on romancing James Wolk, Taylor Kinney & buying a bra in Season 2". Zap 2 It. Retrieved January 17, 2012.
- "Lady Gaga fell for Taylor Kinney on video shoot". November 25, 2013.