The Beards (Australian band)
|The Beards (Australian band)|
The Beards at APRA Awards, May 2012
|Origin||Adelaide, South Australia, Australia|
|Genres||Comedy, folk rock|
John Beardman Jr
The Beards are an Australian comedy, folk rock band which formed in 2005. The group play music based on the virtues of having a beard.
Forming in 2005 in Adelaide, South Australia, to play a one off show, The Beards rose in popularity and soon found they had developed a local cult following with the release of their first album The Beards in July 2007. The band followed this up by being selected to play the Adelaide Big Day Out in 2008 & 2009. In 2009 the band traveled to Alaska to perform at the opening ceremony of the World Beard & Moustache Championships.
The band has gone on to tour Australia extensively, they have produced video clips for the tracks "If Your Dad Doesn’t Have a Beard, You’ve Got Two Mums", "Got Me a Beard", "Beard Accessory Store" and "You Should Consider Having Sex With a Bearded Man" with the latter single coming 99th place in Triple J's Top 100 list of 2011, as well as releasing a live DVD. In 2013 they plan to tour the UK, which includes appearing at the aptly named Bearded Theory Festival in May.
- "You Should Consider Having Sex With a Bearded Man" (18 July 2011, The Beards) 
- "I'm in the Mood... For Beards" (16 January 2012, The Beards) 
- The Beards (21 July 2007, Spare Room Audio)
- Beards, Beards, Beards (7 May 2010, The Beards)
- Having a Beard is the New Not Having a Beard (9 March 2012) #63 AUS
- Live at The Beards Club recorded at The Governor Hindmarsh Hotel, Adelaide
- If Your Dad Doesn't Have a Beard, You've Got Two Mums (2009)
- You Should Consider Having Sex With a Bearded Man (2012)
- Got Me a Beard (2012)
- The Beard Accessory Store (2013)
- The Dairy Brothers, the same band performing as a comedy rock group
- http://www.dbmagazine.com.au/469/iv-Beards-1151.shtml dbMagazine Issue #469
- http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s3310059.htm Triple J Radio interview