The Gardens Mall
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2011)|
|Location||Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, USA|
|Opening date||October 5, 1988|
|Developer||The Forbes Company|
|Owner||The Forbes Company|
|No. of stores and services||160|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,400,000 square feet (130,000 m2)|
|No. of floors||2 (Macy's & Bloomingdales are 3 levels)|
The Gardens Mall is an upscale, two-story, enclosed shopping mall in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida. Its anchors are Macy's, Sears, Bloomingdale's, Nordstrom, and Saks Fifth Avenue, and it features more than 160 specialty shops and restaurants.
- Bloomingdale's; 235,000 square feet (21,800 m2)
- Macy's; 325,000 square feet (30,200 m2)
- Nordstrom; 144,000 square feet (13,400 m2)
- Saks Fifth Avenue; 75,000 square feet (7,000 m2)
- Neiman Marcus; 163,000 square feet (15,100 m2)
- Burdines; closed 2003; replaced by Nordstrom
The Gardens Mall, originally called The Gardens of The Palm Beaches, was developed by The Forbes Company, based in Southfield, Michigan. On October 5, 1988, the mall opened with three initial anchor stores: Burdines, Sears and the second Macy's in Florida.Bloomingdales and Saks Fifth Avenue joined as tenants in 1990. Burdines was shuttered in 2003, as Federated Department Stores (now Macy's, Inc.), the owners of the Macy's chain, consolidated all its nameplates into the Macy's brand. In March 2006, Nordstrom opened on the former Burdines site.
In December 2005, former baseball all-star Jeff Reardon was taken into custody and charged by the Palm Beach Gardens, Florida Police Department for allegedly committing armed robbery at the former Hamilton Jewelers store.
In October 2007, the mall underwent minor renovations as the fountain in the center was altered and the center court's garden theme was replaced with a more modern look.
- "Reardon blames drug reaction for robbery attempt". KARE11. Dec 27, 2005.
- "Hamilton Jewelers celebrates 100 years" 26 August 2012 Palm Beach Post. Retrieved 21 September 2012
- "Hamilton Jewelers grand remodel Palm Beach Gardens mall location" 5 November 2010 TC Palm. Retrieved 21 September 2012