The Getaway: High Speed II
|The Getaway: High Speed II|
|Release date||February 1992|
|System||Williams WPC (Fliptronics II)|
|Artwork||Mark Sprenger, Doug Watson|
|Voices||Steve Ritchie, Larry DeMar|
The Getaway is almost identical to its predecessor, with the following changes:
- Dot-matrix display (Resolution: 128x32)
- The plunger is replaced with a gearshift, which is also used during main gameplay, as well as the video mode
- Magnetic ball accelerator, dubbed the "Supercharger"
There are basically two main objectives in the game:
- Run the Red Light — Lock the three balls by first hitting all three stoplight targets of the same color (first green, then yellow and finally red) and then shooting the left loop or the small inner loop to lock the ball. After the final lock, Multiball will start. (Super) Jackpots can then be lit by shooting into the Supercharger and scored by shooting the left loop or the small inner loop.
- Redline Mania — By continuously shooting RPM (outer loops) you'll be awarded gears (use the gearshift to collect the mentioned bonus):
- 1st Gear - 3 Million
- 2nd Gear - Hold Bonus
- 3rd Gear - Light Video Mode
- 4th Gear - Supercharger Mode
- 5th Gear - Light Redline Mania
The last gear will light "Redline Mania" which cannot be collected by the gearshift, but is awarded by shooting the Supercharger.
- Freeway — Either inlane will light the corresponding outer loop for a Freeway reward. The fifth Freeway will light Extra Ball in the Tunnel.
- Tunnel — The Tunnel is used for various purpose:
- Collect "Burn Rubber" (lit by shifting into a higher gear)
- Collect Extra Ball
- Collect Video Mode (Pole Position like video game)
- Collect Helicopter Bonus (only after scoring a Jackpot during Multiball)
- Increase Tunnel Shots (results in a special)
- 1-2-3 targets — Relight Kickback and/or Supercharger Loop
- Supercharger — Depending on the number of 1-2-3 targets scored, collect up to 10 million
- Speed Millions — Continuous shots to the inner loop by the upper right flipper will score increasing (unlimited) Speed Millions
This table was ported onto the Game Boy in 1995.
- IPDB listing for The Getaway: High Speed II
- The Getaway: High Speed II Owners Community
- The Getaway: Williams original promo video featuring Steve Ritchie on YouTube
|This pinball article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|