The Girl That I Marry
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
It was originally performed by Ray Middleton on stage and on record.
Eddy Howard recorded a second rendition in the early 1950s on the Mercury label.
Later renditions include:
- Per Grundén with orchestra Conductor: Hans Schreiber. Swedish lyrics written by Stig Bergendorff and Gösta Bernhard entitled "Den flickan skal bära mitt namn". Recorded in Stockholm on August 19, 1949 and released on the 78 rpm record His Master's Voice X 7540
- Howard Keel in the 1952 MGM film of Annie Get Your Gun, also released on record.
- John Raitt in a 1957 production with Mary Martin, recorded on Capitol Records.
- Bruce Yarnell in an early 1960s production, recorded on RCA Records.
- Robert Goulet on a late 1960s album.
- Tom Wopat on the 1999 Broadway revival recording.
|This 1940s song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|