The Puppy's Further Adventures
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2012)|
|The Puppy's Further Adventures|
|No. of episodes||13|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||22 November 1983 – 6 March 1984|
The Puppy’s Further Adventures is an animated television show produced by Ruby-Spears Productions based on The Puppy Who Wanted a Boy, a children's book by Jane Thayer about Petey, a young dog who attached himself to a lonely orphan boy named Tommy.
On 6 May 1978, the ABC Weekend Special aired an adaptation of the book, and over the next four years, The Puppy and its three sequels, which used various actors’ voices for Petey the puppy, were repeatedly shown on the Weekend Special.
In 1982, Petey could be seen weekly as the second half of The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour, with Billy Jacoby voicing Petey and Nancy McKeon as his female puppy friend Dolly. The following year, the show played solo as The Puppy’s Further Adventures. Reruns of the show were shown on ABC and later CBS as The Puppy's Great Adventures.
- Petey: A Beagle mix puppy who is the young leader of the group.
- Dolly: A female Spaniel cross puppy who is cheerful and outgoing.
- Lucky: A St. Bernard who is the big guy of the group. He is very wise.
- Duke : A German Shepherd/Labrador Retriever mix who is the lancer of the group. He cares for Petey and all of his other friends.
- Dash : A Greyhound who is the smartest member of the group, but can be cowardly at times. However, he can be brave if he wants to.
||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: this section is a mess. (December 2013)|
In the first season, Petey the Beagle mix puppy and Dolly the Spaniel Cross's family were moving overseas by ship. Strays, Dash the Greyhound, Duke the Shepherd/Labrador and Lucky the St Bernard stowed away on the same ship. All five dogs were stranded together when a lightning bolt knocked them overboard. Every episode of the first season consisted of the dogs looking for Tommy and his family, winding up in places as diverse as East Berlin, Hong Kong, and Hawaii, and usually helping out a local group of people or animals.
Season 1 (Episode guide)
- Puppy's Big Mission
- Puppy and the Big Race
- Puppy in Hawaii
- Puppy and the Pirates
- Puppy's Big Escape
- Puppy goes to Africa
- Puppy goes to Paris
- Puppy and the Wailing Cat
- Puppy meets Glyder
The second season opened with a two-part episode in which the dogs finally reunited with Tommy's family. The rest of the season featured the adventures the dogs have with the family while travelling all around the United States. The season opener introduced Glyder, a puppy with ears so large he could fly with them like Dumbo. Glyder reappeared in two other episodes.
- Puppy and the Brown Eyed Girl
- Puppy and the World's Biggest Diamond
- Puppy and the Badlands
- Glyder the Misfit Pup
- Puppy goes to Collage
- The Puppy's Further Adventures at the Internet Movie Database
- Puppy's Further Adventures at the Big Cartoon DataBase
|This article about a children's television series is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|