The Unknown Known
|The Unknown Known|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Errol Morris|
|Music by||Danny Elfman|
|Running time||105 minutes|
The Unknown Known (also known as The Unknown Known: The Life and Times of Donald Rumsfeld) is a 2013 American documentary film about the life of former U.S. Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld, directed by filmmaker Errol Morris.
It premiered at the Telluride Film Festival on August 29, 2013. The film was screened in the main competition section at the 70th Venice International Film Festival. It has an 84% "Certified Fresh" rating on the critical review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes.
In the review for Philly.com, Tirdad Derakhshani gives the film two out of fours stars and states, "Morris tries to hold Rumsfeld to account for the blunders, cover-ups, and atrocities critics say were committed during his watch.... Yet we get little in response from Rumsfeld but a demonstration of his cunning at parrying, dodging, and twisting queries."
- "The Unknown Known". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved August 28, 2014.
- "Venezia 70". labiennale. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- Benzine, Adam (25 July 2013). "Wiseman, Morris, Gibney set for Venice". Realscreen. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Venice film festival 2013: the full line-up". The Guardian (London). 25 July 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "Rotten Tomatoes". Retrieved 2014-10-24.
- Tirdad Derakhshani, (April 4, 2014). "'The Unknown Known': Morris' portrait of Rumsfeld one we already knew". Philadelphia Media Network. Retrieved 18 July 2014.
- The Unknown Known at the Internet Movie Database
- The Unknown Known at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Unknown Known at AllMovie
- The Unknown Known at Metacritic
- The Unknown Known at Box Office Mojo