From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from The Whale (film))
|Look up whale in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A whale is a sea mammal.
Whale or The Whale may also refer to:
- Moby-Dick or The Whale, a novel by Herman Melville
- The Whale (poem), a poem in Old English
- Tobias Whale, a comic book villain
- Whale (improbable), a character in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
- Whale (band), a Swedish pop group
- "The Whale" (Electric Light Orchestra song), a song by Electric Light Orchestra from the album Out of the Blue
- "Whales", a song by Scale the Summit from the album The Collective
- The Whale (Tavener), a cantata by English composer John Tavener
- Whale, Cumbria, England, a hamlet
- Whale Cove (Oregon), USA
- Whale Cove, Nunavut, Canada
- Whale Island, Hampshire, England
- Whale Island, New Zealand
- Whale Island, in the Torres Strait, Australia
- Whale Lake, Minnesota, USA
- Whale Rock, Rhode Island, USA
- Bay of Whales, Ross Ice Shelf, Antarctica
Film and television
- Whale (film), a 1970 Bulgarian comedy
- The Whale (2011 film), a 2011 documentary film
- The Whale (2013 film), a 2013 BBC television film
- "The Whale" (The Office), an episode of the US TV series The Office
- Hartford Whalers, a former NHL franchise nicknamed "the whale"
- Chicago Whales, a professional baseball team in the Federal League in 1914 and 1915
- Connecticut Whale, a current American Hockey League franchise
- Irish Whales or "The Whales", nickname of a group of Irish and Irish-American athlete who dominated weight-throwing events in the early 20th century
- Ingalls Rink, Yale University, an ice hockey rink commonly referred to as "The Whale"
In the military
- USS Whale, ships of the US Navy
- A-3 Skywarrior, a carrier-based aircraft nicknamed "the whale"
- Operation Whale, two German World War II aborted intelligence plans
- Cetus, a constellation also known as "The Whale"
- slang for a high roller, a type of casino gambler
- Whale (ship) (1810–1816), a sailing vessel
- Whale (computer virus), a malicious program
- The Whale, a housing project by Danish West 8
- W.H.A.L.E., a fictional vehicle in the G.I. Joe universe
- Waterfront Historic Area League (WHALE)
- Whale barnacle, a mollusk
- Whale louse, a parasitic crustacean
- Whale shark, a fish
- Wael, Arabic surname
- Wail, commune in France
- Wale (disambiguation)
- Wales (disambiguation)
- Whaling, the hunting of whales
- WAAL, a New York radio station
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Whale.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.