DVD cover for Tiptoes
|Directed by||Matthew Bright|
|Produced by||Elie Cohn
|Written by||Bill Weiner|
|Music by||Curt Sobel|
|Edited by||Paul Heiman|
|Distributed by||Reality Check Productions|
|Release date(s)||September 8, 2003|
|Running time||90 minutes
91 minutes (France)
Tiptoes (also known as Tiny Tiptoes) is a 2003 film starring Matthew McConaughey, Kate Beckinsale, Patricia Arquette, and Gary Oldman. The film was screened at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival. Tiptoes was never released theatrically in the United States, and it instead went straight to DVD.
According to Peter Dinklage, the original cut of the film was "gorgeous", but the director was fired shortly after turning it in, and the people who fired him recut the film into a "rom-com with dwarves".
Carol (Beckinsale)—a talented painter and independent woman—falls in love with Steven (McConaughey) without knowing much about him other than he's the perfect man. But when Carol finds herself pregnant it forces Steven to expose his darkest secret—his family. Steven happens to be the only average-sized person in a family of dwarfs, including his twin brother Rolfe (Oldman). Carol and Steven are then forced to come to terms with the fact that the fetus she carries may be born a dwarf. This terrifies Steven, who does not want his child to suffer the same way Rolfe did as a child. As Carol decides to carry the child, she and Steven grow further apart, and she begins to rely on Rolfe to teach her about life as a dwarf.
- Matthew McConaughey as Steven Bedalia
- Kate Beckinsale as Carol
- Gary Oldman as Rolfe
- Patricia Arquette as Lucy
- Peter Dinklage as Maurice
- Debbie Lee Carrington as Kitty Katz
- Ed Gale as Bobby Barry
- David Alan Grier as Jerry Robin Jr.
- Marcia de Rousse as Kathleen
- Kacie Borrowman as Margaret
- Michael J. Anderson as Bruno
- Cherub Freed as Tiffany (as Cherub Fried)
- Alexa Nikolas as Susan Barry
- Brittney Guzman as Janice
- Bridget Powers as Sally
- Santiago Segura as Motel Manager
- Rabin, Nathan. "It’s Only The Size Of Your Heart That Counts Case File #154: Tiptoes". A.V. Club. Retrieved 09-10-2010.
- Kois, Dan (March 29, 2012). "Peter Dinklage Was Smart to Say No". The New York Times.
- "Tiptoes". Rotten Tomatoes.