Thom Artis (Tomosina C. Artis; January 3, 1956 – May 1, 2007) was a comic book artist for DC Comics, Fleetway/Quality, and Marvel Comics throughout the 1980s and early 1990s. In 1991, he was a partner in Leadslinger Comics and illustrated their only original release, The Terror. He also drew covers for other Leadslinger titles that were never produced.
He was a fixture at Chambanacon, usually found in the consuite with his sketchbook. Eulogized at Chambanacon 38.
- Comics Buyer's Guide #1650; February 2009; Page 107
- "United States Social Security Death Index," index, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JTNZ-W38 : accessed 16 Feb 2013), Tomosina C Artis, 1 May 2007; citing U.S. Social Security Administration, Death Master File, database (Alexandria, Virginia: National Technical Information Service, ongoing).
- "The Terror" #1 (August 1991) at the Grand Comics Database
- Personal recollection of Leadslinger Publisher, Seth! Leary
- Tom Artis at the Grand Comics Database
|This profile of an American comics artist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|