Tomaj (pronounced [ˈtoːmai̯] or [tɔˈmaːi̯]; Italian: Tomadio) is a village in the Municipality of Sežana in the Littoral region of Slovenia, near the border with Italy.
The parish church in the settlement is dedicated to Saints Peter and Paul and belongs to the Diocese of Koper. A second church is a small building next to the cemetery and is dedicated to the Virgin Mary.
Notable peole that were born or lived in Tomaj include:
- Anton Černe (1813–1891), politician
- Urban Golmajer (1820–1905), priest, social care and education promoter, viticultural society founder
- Pavel Klapše (ca. 1688–1772), religious writer
- Pavel Knobl (1765–1830), poet and musician
- Srečko Kosovel (1904–1926), poet
- Matija Sila (1840–1925), regional historian
- Alojzij Šonc (1872–1958), composer
- Viktor Šonc (1878–1964), composer