From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up tortoise in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A tortoise is a land-dwelling reptile, protected by a shell, of the order Testudines.
Tortoise may also refer to:
- Tortoise (band), a US post-rock band formed in 1990
- Tortoise heavy assault tank, a British heavy assault gun
- Tortoise formation, a defensive formation employed in Ancient Roman warfare
- Tortoise Matsumoto (born 1966), a lead singer of a Japanese rock band Ulfuls
- Tortoises, a 1921 short volume of poetry by D. H. Lawrence containing poems later collected in Birds, Beasts and Flowers (1923)
- Hare (disambiguation), for Tortoise and Hare stories
- TortoiseCVS, a GUI integrated CVS client for the Microsoft Windows platform
- TortoiseHg, a GUI integrated Mercurial client
- TortoiseSVN, a GUI integrated Subversion client for the Microsoft Windows platform
- TortoiseGit, a GUI integrated Git client for the Microsoft Windows platform
- TortoiseBzr, a GUI integrated Bazaar client for the Microsoft Windows platform
- Tortoiseshell (disambiguation)
- Turtle (disambiguation) Researcher William Grey Walter's Turtle (robot)s, were often described as tortoises due to their shape and slow rate of movement
- Turtle (robot) Turtles are a class of educational robots, designed largely under the auspices of researcher William Grey Walter
- William Grey Walter A designer of Tortoise/Turtle robots, a type of educational robot.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.